Training & Informational DVD/ Videos

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
joecon

Training & Informational DVD/ Videos

Post by joecon »

Hi All; I’d like to get opinions/ suggestions on DVD or Videos which would allow me to progress my development in AP shooting.
I’ve been Shooting AP for last 9mths, with 14 years previous experience on sporting rifle (prone paper & some silhouette).
Using IZH 46M (purchased from Scott), which is my first pistol of any sort.

Pistol shooting here (S. Ireland) is now starting to recover from the 30+ years of dormancy inflicted on the sport (inc. AP), so established sources of information are limited. I’ve found a lot of useful stuff around internet including this forum, but was wondering if there was any useful video training material out there?
My search to date has turned up those listed below, but nothing specifically on AP. Maybe most of material covered is equally applicable to AP. Could anyone who has any of these please give your opinion as to value for AP starter, or suggest alternatives.

Tks Joe.

Pistol Target Shooting Vol.2 by Dynamit Nobel – This volume covers rapid fire I believe- can’t find any reference to Vol. 1 & what it might contain, but looks like no availability anyway.

Bullseye Pistol Competition Shooting produced by CMP

NRA Bullseye Competition by Allen Fulford
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Try some searches on ebay. There's loads more than that and better ones as well. When I've got a bit more time I'll try and make some suggestions from my library. All that said your best bet is to get a coach - your club might even be able to pull together and get someone for a weekend.

Rob.
Shooter

Training Videos

Post by Shooter »

Have you checked the NSRA? They have some videos that I have in my library, they are close (more or less) and operate on the same system.
If you like, contact me directly at bawilli@attglobal.net and I discuss some further options for you.
BTW. Some of the Irish F-Class team are here in Oregon and have just finished an int'l match with teams from Scotland, Canada and the U.S.
Don in Oregon
joecon

Post by joecon »

Rob, General internet searches do give many hits, but many seem to be aimed towards personal protection/ combat/ action shooting which I'm not sure would be applicable to technique required for 10m AP? The ones I listed are those I would think are most applicable. If you can suggest some others that would be great.
A coach would be great, but locally I don't believe this is option in immediate future.

Shooter, I have checked the NSRA & that is where the Dynamit Nobel vol 2 is available, but not vol 1 or anything else for pistol. Will contact you directly later.

Thanks for the responces.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I'll remind myself to have a proper look tonight, but off the top of my head there's a pistol shooting book by Paul and Frank Leatherdale. Also one by Laslo Antal and Ragna Skanaker.

These crop up on ebay like I said or search a bookfinder website.

As for coaches - I meant there are guys that would come over from the UK for a weekend. I know Mick Gault for example has done that sort of thing before. Now it obviously ain't gonna be cheap but if you have say 10 pistol shooters it could come down to a sensible amount. You also have plenty of pistol shooters in the North who may be able to help you - try contacting the NTSA.

I'll make a note to properly list all the books I have.

Just remembered, I produced a handout that I've used when coaching people and I can send you that if your interested. It's a 16 page word document but I've had good feedback on it. Send me a pm with your email address.

The info in it was largely derived from www.targetshooting.ca so that is deffinately worth a look as well.

Rob.
joecon

Post by joecon »

Rob, I have the book 'Successful Pistol Shooting' by Frank and Paul Leatherdale & find it good, & also the US Army Marksmanship manual.

At this point I was looking to see if there was any video or DVD training material which would give a more visual element.

On coaching this will probably happen again with external visitor, but nothing planned in near future.

Getting a copy of your handout would be great I'll let you have my email by PM. I've also gone trough the TargetShootingCanada site, but seeing your distilation would be intersting.
Tks
HAIREACANE

Air Pistol Material

Post by HAIREACANE »

If you'll send me your e-mail I have a very good Air Pistol program in a PDF format that can used in a computer and shown with a projector like a powerpoint program.

Thanks,
David Haire

david.haire@tiftsheriff.net