dirty pellets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
awadhnavab

dirty pellets

Post by awadhnavab »

Does an air pistol pellet which has fallen on the ground and caught dust damage the barrel?
Richard H

Re: dirty pellets

Post by Richard H »

awadhnavab wrote:Does an air pistol pellet which has fallen on the ground and caught dust damage the barrel?
If whatever contaminated the pellet is harder than the barrel then yes theoretically (not likely though). It's good to keep dirt out as much as possible. If you've already done it I wouldn't worry about it, you likely wouldn't have done much damage if any. For the cost of a pellet I would just through it out and use another one.
Last edited by Richard H on Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

awadhnavab wrote:Does an air pistol pellet which has fallen on the ground and caught dust damage the barrel?
NO.

But, you can drop dust and dirt on transfert port.
Last edited by LukeP on Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Do not risk it - it's not like they are expensive or anything !

As another poster mentions, the damage is more likely to ocurr due to getting dust into the air regulating mechanisms and damaging seals.

Rob.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Dirty pellets are like unopened pistachios. There's plenty more where they came from.
At a pub, I threw a nickel in the urinal. When I went back in, it was gone. Some things are not worth bothering.

For 22 rounds—a quote from Larry Carter;
"f you drop a round on the ground, no matter how clean you think it is, throw it away. A microscopic piece of dirt passing through the bore at 1000 feet per second can do serious damage"