Rapid Fire - Rika Home Trainer

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
John Ariani

Rapid Fire - Rika Home Trainer

Post by John Ariani »

Does anyone know if the Rika Home Trainer can accomadate 5 shot rapid fire on one target?
I've tried using the 25m rapid fire target that is already in the program that comes with the trainer - but don't see any ability in the set up to allow for 5 successive shots.
I actually want to set up a 10m AP target to use the LP 50.
Those who have/use the trainer - any thoughts/experience?
Thanks.
Ro

Post by Ro »

I tried it sometime ago (unfortunately I don't remember the settings). The problem was that the system usually missed 1 out of 5 shots, sometimes 2.
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Last edited by funtoz on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

funtoz wrote:I believe Scatt uses an emitter/receiver pair with a target reflector.
That's Noptel, but I doubt whether the size/weight of the gun mounted unit would make it suitable for Rapid.

Scatt uses emitters in the target frame and a receiver on the gun.

The original question though was about just shooting on one target. The hardware is therefore much less of a problem than the software.
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Last edited by funtoz on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Thanks all. I'm still trying without mixed success. Larrys comments on what to turn off were correct. I'm only getting two and at most three shots on the one target and then it changes to a new target. After emailing Rika they gave me a cell phone number for a Mr Strittl in Romania. He was helpful and spoke english well and acknowledged that the trainer should work for rapid fire by turning off what Larry mentioned and for those who are using the Rika - mentioned a couple of other points that are not mentioned in the manual. They were:
With rapid fire - the system is not always reliable enough to recieve 5 shots on one target. Especially if your point of aim drifts 'off' the target for a moment. However the 5 shots can be viewed (for position only) by using the statistics report button and selecting 'shot series overview'.
When calibrating the gun, it must always be done in the first instance by using the control box. Once that is done, then re-calibrate using the calibration screen that pops up on the your computer screen when you select a target. The control box being used first will guarentee the calibration is correct.
I found out that it's not necessary to re calibrate each time you come back to use the trainer, (even if it's been turned off and out of use for a while) as long as your aim point and target are the same as your last session.
If you are having trouble with 'cant' (like me) - one of the sensors (there are two of them) on the sender (which is the target holder) is only for 'cant' and can often be upset by changing light conditions. Also - if one has a severe 'cant' of more than 10 degrees this function will not work.
The home trainer is very suseptible to changing light and noise conditions. If you have it set up (like me) where the light conditions change during the day due to outside light coming into the shooting area you are likely to experience many a time when the trainer will not record a shot. The infra red sensors do not like this, preffering constant light conditions.
There's also a graphic which pops up on the calibration screen when using a computer of wehich there is no mention of in the manual. It's a graphic of three seperate dots and squares which is meant to symbolise the control box and the receiver (on the pistol) and you select the one that matches the position of the control box to the reciever prior to doing any calibration. Failing to select one or selecting the wrong one can result in the trainer missing the recording of some shots for no apparrant reason.
I hope this all makes sense and is of somehelp.