Thought on USASC

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Russ

I have been browsing this site .....

Post by Russ »

"I have been browsing this site "....
Finaly some one pay attention to my website and "things about" what I was trying to say at this forum two years ago....
It is looks for me....some one lost two good years, since that time :(
And I really can understand why...
bryan

Post by bryan »

peter, it is good you decided to register.
The disliked guest is a bit unfair to the legitimate guest, some people like to make silly comments under "guest" so become rather disliked!

my only comment is the more I learn about Russ's character, the more I see it is unlikely he intensionally put himself in the wrong? section. being english is not his first language, I think he is doing a good job, even though sometimes things dont come out the way he meant. (maybe!)
at the time russ posted he was number 1, he was ranked number 1 on the national ranking.
dont know about usa, but lots countries will only accept a national record shot at the nationals! state record shot at the state champs etc. olympic record shot at the olympics etc. thats why w/c records are usually higher than olympic records, Olympics are much higher profile, and only shot every 4 yrs.
now that you are not a disliked guest anymore, we can all have a go at you. ha ha
hope you keep browsing and find ways to improve your results.

bryan
Avi

Post by Avi »

Avergare of 99.45% in 240 shots is equal to an average of 596.7 almost 4 points above the world record ......
Russ

New update from USAS AP National Ranking....

Post by Russ »

Avi wrote:Avergare of 99.45% in 240 shots is equal to an average of 596.7 almost 4 points above the world record ......
1 McKeel, Mark 98.83% 60
1 Rowe, Ronald Russell 98.83% 60
2 Dyatlov, Ruslan 98.12% 240
3 Rose, Thomas A 96.19% 420
4 Turner, Jason 95.9% 420
5 Szarenski, Daryl 95.8% 420
6 Zins, Brian 95.53% 300
7 Bickar, John C 95.49% 180
8 Nagao, Kyle Gannon 95.16% 120
9 Zurek, John 94.58% 600

Guys, do not worry about world record.... we have in USA much more better performance.....98.83%
Practice, practice and practice.....

New names....New world records!
Competition is getting tight!

Post by Guest »

Russ, congrats on the great shooting at the nationals, It is hard for many or at least some to take that the methods and training plans you have established are working for you and other. Some regular posters who seem to be the self apointed authority are now looking like "empty suits" since they have fallen flat on their butts. There is a lot of truth to what you have been saying. The proof is in the pudding. Thanks for showing us the light.
Avi

Post by Avi »

http://www.usashooting.org/viewRankings ... rPistolMen

Well unless it is again a unfortunate mistake , it is clearly state that :

1 "Dyatlov, Ruslan S." 99.45% 240
2 "McKeel, Mark" 98.83% 60
2 "Rowe, Ronald Russell" 98.83% 60
3 "Zins, Brian" 96.24% 120
Russ

This is not a mistake... just old info

Post by Russ »

Avi wrote:http://www.usashooting.org/viewRankings ... rPistolMen

Well unless it is again a unfortunate mistake , it is clearly state that :

1 "Dyatlov, Ruslan S." 99.45% 240
2 "McKeel, Mark" 98.83% 60
2 "Rowe, Ronald Russell" 98.83% 60
3 "Zins, Brian" 96.24% 120
This is not a mistake... just old info...
If you are a member of USAS you can have updated info. (Inclusive of all events from 6/5/2006 - 6/6/2007 )
Go to: USAS Membership Login #: (Your USAS ID #)
Russ

Post by Russ »

"Thanks for showing us the light." :)
Guys, I'm not a holder of Holy Grail.
No one yet scored 600 in Air or Free Pistol, so we all have a lot of room for improvement in this area. Also it is a lot of good knowledgeable coaches and athletes around and we have to pay equal respect to them. I think this is great forum; great people around and let's keep in this way.
Thank you, all.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Another/the same Guest wrote:

"Russ, congrats on the great shooting at the nationals, It is hard for many or at least some to take that the methods and training plans you have established are working for you and other. Some regular posters who seem to be the self apointed authority are now looking like "empty suits" since they have fallen flat on their butts. There is a lot of truth to what you have been saying. The proof is in the pudding. Thanks for showing us the light."

Excellent post!

All in all, a very interesting and informative thread.

Steve Swartz
2650 Plus

Congratulations Russ

Post by 2650 Plus »

You did good and you are the man. I dont know if you will provide an answer to this but I would like to inquire about your training concept. Do you teach your shooters the same way you shoot or do you tailor the coaching to each individual shooter? I wish all you train good shooting. Bill Horton
Russ

training concept...

Post by Russ »

Thank you Bill.
about training concept..."the same way you shoot or do you tailor the coaching to each individual shooter"

I will start from the beginning "Fundamentals first". Athlete’s score is X-ray of his current and future problems. As I said before 535-540 in Free pistol and 560-565 in Air Pistol simple execution of fundamentals...... But you have to be aware about lot of small details..... When you start consistent performing those scores in any conditions you can implement mental game....and peak of performance level.....which is big subject too.
Average time to get to this level from ground zero is about one year. If you can’t do this and stop making progress….you are going in wrong way. It will take more time from you and from your coach for recovery.
Russ
Russ

Re: tailor the coaching to each individual shooter...

Post by Russ »

2650 Plus wrote:You did good and you are the man. I dont know if you will provide an answer to this but I would like to inquire about your training concept. Do you teach your shooters the same way you shoot or do you tailor the coaching to each individual shooter? I wish all you train good shooting. Bill Horton
I think I can use your idea , Bill for my business model as... "Free evaluation of Olympic style pistol athlete performance".... To customize my class. What do you think?
2650 Plus

For russ

Post by 2650 Plus »

Russ I believe I am somewhat handicapped trying to advise you . I am of the opinion that I am in unfamilar areas any time I stray from how I shoot my best shots. I try to avoid speculation about techniques I have never used and never suggest to another shooter that he/she should try something that I have not personally proven its effectiveness . If it doesn't work for me I dont try to teach it. Many times I have discussed an idea with a top shooter and didn't understand at the time how it would help me. Later the light would dawn and after I figured out how to use the idea I would began to train myself to use it. First ,it had to work in practice and then in competition before I adopted it permanatly. Altho unqualified to advise you ,may I make one sugestion? Teach how you shoot. Any one that can score higher than zins knows something the rest of us havent figured out yet. Keep them in the ten ring Russ and may your shooters do the same. Good Shooting Bill Horton