Thought on USASC

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Thought on USASC

Post by Guest »

I haven't heard much chatter on how forum members did. How all the shots plans they worked on all year worked. How the last 200ms went. I see Russ really did well. Any thoughts. ?
guest2

Post by guest2 »

Yeah Russ did really good for a college kid.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Just some random impressions:

- Seemed like a healthier crop at the "near WC" level for the men. We have more 570 MAP and 540 FP shooters now than in recent years I believe. Good "bench strength" so to speak.

- Still have some growth needed in the junior men and women. Couple of success stories for those "aging juniors" but looks like an air bubble at the "newbie junior" level in terms of up-and-comers. Hopefully the "progressive pistol" initiative will stimulate interest.

- USAS noted the numbers were down slightly from last year's high attendance . . . sure looked like a lot more rifle shooters (particularly juniors) though to me . . . a well attended event in any case.

- Looks like we saw an influx of NRA shooters this year? Or maybe they are more "out of the closet" this year than in the past? Some good performances as well. Maybe it just seemed like more 2700 shooters this year.

- On the "administrative" side, with several USAS staff attending the shotgun event in Texas, there were some glitches with registration (and, apparently, some range management, awards etc.?). Squadding was kind of last minute, registrations apparently didn't transfer correctly from the web-based system, etc.

Overall we saw a whole bunch of people shoot a whole lot of matches and saw some good scores.

The folks at the AMU (and Ft. Benning in general) were superb hosts as usual. Really looking forward to Kerrville getting up and running though!

Steve Swartz
Russ

....big boy’s category…

Post by Russ »

guest2 wrote:Yeah Russ did really good for a college kid.
I'm looking forward to do better some day, and move to the big boy’s category…
Thank you for checking me Mr. guest2.

P.S. So far this is only means: OAKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE at Michigan is the best place in USA to learn how to shot Olympic style Air Pistol and Free Pistol ;)))
http://www.oaklandcc.edu/
Joe Bob

Post by Joe Bob »

Russ, Do you feel like you fit in this catagory?

4.5.1 Collegiate

Regularly enrolled undergraduate students who carry 12 or more semester hours or the equivalent in an accredited two or four-year college or university and who have not received a bachelor’s degree. Eligible collegiate shooters who receive their bachelor’s degree in the spring may compete as collegiate shooters that year. Eligibility to compete as a collegiate shooter shall extend for a maximum of four years within a five-year period beginning when a student first attends any class as a full-time (12 or more credit hours) student. The five-year period begins no later than the year of the 20th birthday and may only be interrupted by extended military service (60 consecutive days or more), service with a recognized foreign aid agency of the U.S. Government or a certified missionary service.
Russ

Do you feel like you fit in this catagory....

Post by Russ »

"20th birthday" :))))

No I don’t. Sorry it is not my fault, I didn't clamed myself to this category. Defiantly it is not my age... :(

P.S. But, is OAKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE at Michigan still the best place in USA of how to learn to shot Olympic style Air Pistol and Free Pistol isn't it? ;)))
Russ

Re: Thought on USASC

Post by Russ »

Anonymous wrote:I haven't heard much chatter on how forum members did. How all the shots plans they worked on all year worked. How the last 200ms went. I see Russ really did well. Any thoughts. ?
Yes, I have some thoughts too.....
I can't consider my performance as "really well".... not by my scores, not by amount of time which I applied toward my practice time. But if some one can consider my performance is good it is OK for me either.
I think we have a lot of potential to do better at next year! I really happy to see score of Jason Turner at Free Pistol 567, great job! Also, I hope we will see 5-6 athletes in Air pistol final with scores over 580 at next 2008 USAS National as it necessary to be...
Pinocchio

Post by Pinocchio »

Russ,

You need to take responsibility for your actions. You filled out and signed your entry for this event. If you did not now know the rules then admit it and stop shifting the blame to someone else, contact USA Shooting and let the real winners of the collegiate catagory claim their awards.

We have all noticed you have gladly calimed scores you did not shoot and I am sure you calim you are not responsible for those mistakes as well
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Pinocchio wrote:Russ,

You need to take responsibility for your actions. You filled out and signed your entry for this event. If you did not now know the rules then admit it and stop shifting the blame to someone else, contact USA Shooting and let the real winners of the collegiate catagory claim their awards.

We have all noticed you have gladly calimed scores you did not shoot and I am sure you calim you are not responsible for those mistakes as well
Sounds like someone has a little personal axe to grind.

Speak for yourself "We have all noticed" I don't even know who you are and I know I've never noticed what you're claiming. Grow up be a man or woman and put your name to your posts, if you expect anyone to take you serious.

I really wish Scott would make registartion mandatory for anyone to post.
david alaways

usanc

Post by david alaways »

according to the rules and Russ military service he could still be a collegiate, same as my sons college eligilbility when hes out of the Navy. Nobody has the right to say anything unless they have all the facts.Did you even know that russ was a soldier? happy 4th to u all, see u at the next shoot.
duh

Post by duh »

He has 2 BS degrees already
bryan

Post by bryan »

Hi Russ, what is this collegiate issue?
is it an extra section, or are you limited to that section?

just wondering what all the fuss is about?

hope you shoot even higher next year, put some of these knockers back in their box.
If these people had the right attitude, they would be knocking your door down for help, not attacking you from behind.

regards
bryan

Post by Guest »

just wondering what is classified as an "aging junior"???
Russ

You need to take responsibility for your actions.....

Post by Russ »

Pinocchio wrote:Russ,

"You need to take responsibility for your actions".
What kind of actions? Do I have to drop my education at OCC... because I have two BS? I do not clamed my scores .... I shoot...
Also I'm not read information about collegiate..... if some thing wrong I think USAS can fix this problem without your help Mr. Pinocchio.

Sleep well Mr. Pinocchio..... Evertything will be OK :)
I didn't start celebrate this great achievement yet.... No time sorry :(
Even my college do not have any clue about it....
Last edited by Russ on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
david alaways

usanc

Post by david alaways »

The one time I was able to watch Russ shot AP his scoring went (10,10,10,10,10,10,10,8,10,10) IF im remembering right,. That was the best string of shots I saw at the N.C. Hes a great shot and a nice guy I wish all shooters were that way.( I didnt meet 1 person at nationals that i wouldnt my mind calling my friend) I guess Pinocchio wasnt good enough to go or I just never meet him. I hate being negitive about anything so im signing off with another happy 4th to everyone from HOT and MUGGY california.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Anonymous wrote:just wondering what is classified as an "aging junior"???
When your wife starts to continually mention 'second childhood'?

Spencer
Russ

Moment of Truth....

Post by Russ »

Joe Bob wrote:Russ, Do you feel like you fit in this catagory?

4.5.1 Collegiate

Regularly enrolled undergraduate students who carry 12 or more semester hours or the equivalent in an accredited two or four-year college or university and who have not received a bachelor’s degree. Eligible collegiate shooters who receive their bachelor’s degree in the spring may compete as collegiate shooters that year. Eligibility to compete as a collegiate shooter shall extend for a maximum of four years within a five-year period beginning when a student first attends any class as a full-time (12 or more credit hours) student. The five-year period begins no later than the year of the 20th birthday and may only be interrupted by extended military service (60 consecutive days or more), service with a recognized foreign aid agency of the U.S. Government or a certified missionary service.
Sorry kids! This in not mine! I sent it back to USAS today.
Best wishes and good scores!
Ruslan
Peter S

Some facts

Post by Peter S »

I have been browsing this site for a while now and have posted from time to time under the disliked “guest”, I still do not understand why people do not like it. Mostly on this site people are sharing what they have experienced and learned and this information should have no impact on the persons identity. I registered so you can trust the facts that are available to everyone online if you care about that.

Now, about this topic I have a few observations. I have done some investigating into this since this has come up. I have observed people tend to take a position without collecting facts on their own before they form an opinion.

I am sure Russ is very skilled and capable in this sport we all enjoy. I am also sure people will learn many things from him. What I have leaned does not take away from his abilities but speaks to his character.

Results of the national championships list Russ as the High Collegiate in 3 events. What could have happened is Russ signed up for the match and since he is taking a few credits at OCC he thought “I can sign up for Collegiate”. Could be a honest mistake.
Russ wrote:"No I don’t. Sorry it is not my fault, I didn't clamed myself to this category. Defiantly it is not my age... :(
Russ claims he did not put himself in this category. Sorry Russ, I have a hard time believing you. Unless someone registered you into the match, you are responsible for putting yourself in the collegiate category. You admit you did not read about the collegiate category in the rules. I think it would be a misunderstanding on your part and you seem to have had trouble admitting to it. Looking at your posts, as more facts are put in plain view your story seems to change from you did nothing wrong to admitting you did not read the rules. This sounds like you almost admit you put yourself into this category thinking it applied to you.

Do not pass the blame to USAS, it is not their fault. I am sure their position is going to be “we have to trust people are not going lie about filling out entry forms”.

Russ, You did accept the awards in Std, Free, and Air for High Collegiate. Seth Berglee (Air) and Sean Ragay (Free) should have won those awards. You accepted these awards in error taking them away from the people who earned them and did not attempt to correct the issue. YOU are the person who should return the awards to USAS so they can be given the people who earned them. Saw your post just now….Good for you for sending them back.

If you simply admit what you did wrong and set things straight we can all move past this. I know I will have more respect for you and I am sure I will not be alone.
Russ wrote:"Do I have to drop my education at OCC... because I have two BS?”
Of course you do not have to drop your education. Do not be silly.

Another thing I have discovered on Russ’s web site is he seems to be proud to claim he is #1 in Men’s Air pistol. There was also a thread that touched on this I think. I could not help notice his 4 match average is better than the World record and the National record. What is that all about? If you really shot a national record in a USA shooting match you should be proud and you should make sure you contact USAS so you can receive credit for this. Unless of course your scores are not what you claim they are. By claiming to be #1 you are accepting credit for a 99.45% average. The people in the #2 and #3 slot seem to have shot National records as well 98.83% average. Same applies to the #1 women’s position. Russ coached her and is proud of that. I am sure she is shooting much better now. I have a hard time believing she shot a national record but did not claim so.

I am sure this is a book keeping error someplace and if that happened to me I would work to resolve it. I would not post it on my web site claiming I was #1 when I know something is false. I am certain some in Competitions at USAS would be glad to clear it up. If I were ever able to shoot as good as you and my name was anyplace in top 10 of the rankings I would want to make sure it was correct. I am also too bumble to brag about it.

In the end we are all responsible for the scores we shoot not USAS or the person who ran the match. We all know a person could manipulate the rankings by not having a bad score sent into USAS if they wanted to do that and they cared that much about it who was.

Peter
Russ

I dont like word "clame"....:(

Post by Russ »

..."he seems to be proud to claim he is #1 in Men’s Air pistol."

Dear Peter S, this is not "seems for me" ....this is USAS Ranking statement. Also it can be not perfect and this temporary too, everybody understands it. By the way my performance at 2007 USAS National took me to the Place #5 in Air Pistol Final, but not too far... as 20th. or 50th place. So, what is a big deal? Same thing with Free Pistol National Ranking #7 and 2007 USAS National #7 after the Final.... What you are trying to say?

I don’t like word "clamed"....:(
I do not score my targets, I'm just participating in USAS sanctioned events.
I do not invent my scores, I just shot it. :)

About.... "to be proud of".... Not what you mention here.
Last edited by Russ on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Russ

We all know a person could manipulate the rankings....

Post by Russ »

"In the end we are all responsible for the scores we shoot not USAS or the person who ran the match. We all know a person could manipulate the rankings by not having a bad score sent into USAS if they wanted to do that and they cared that much about it who was. "

Mr. Peter S. I do not like this statement: "We all know a person could manipulate the rankings"....

I understand you are Mr. Peter S. for some reason do not like me... but unfortunately I do not score my targets..... This job done by respectful people and you have to be ashamed to not only to say this, but even think about it in this way!