Adjustments on Morini grips fitted to a Steyr LP50

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
OMS Raider

Adjustments on Morini grips fitted to a Steyr LP50

Post by OMS Raider »

Hi there - new to this, but have a question.

What methods do shooters use for adjusting the morini grips on a Steyr LP50/LP10?

Context: I have an LP50, and want to make sure I am getting the most out of the adjustments and the manual is a little 'brief' on exactly what you can adjust.

You chaps probably know.

Many thanks

PS What a wonderful piece of engineering the LP50 is!
OMS Raider

Bit more specific for the experts

Post by OMS Raider »

When the pistol is in the raised position so that my position and hold is the most natural and fluid the foresight picture sits proud of the rearsight line by about 2mm, consequently I 'tip' the pistol everso slightly to gte the correct sight alignment and this has an adverse effect on my natural position and hold; maintaining the hold becomes an effort and I want to eliminate this.
Fred Mannis

Re: Bit more specific for the experts

Post by Fred Mannis »

OMS Raider wrote:When the pistol is in the raised position so that my position and hold is the most natural and fluid the foresight picture sits proud of the rearsight line by about 2mm, consequently I 'tip' the pistol everso slightly to gte the correct sight alignment and this has an adverse effect on my natural position and hold; maintaining the hold becomes an effort and I want to eliminate this.
There are 6 adjustment screws see for a picture - http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spstlp50.htm 4 on the bottom and two on the back of the frame. You want to screw out the two screws at the rear of the bottom. the others should all be screwed in flush. I would screw them out till they are ~ 0.020" proud, put the grip back on and see what it looks like. Pretty straight forward. You can also adjust yaw if needed to correct left to right front sight mis-alignment.
dflast

Post by dflast »

The six screws Fred refers to are the points the grip rests on when you tighten the retaining bolt. Backing out the bottom rear pair will point the muzzle down in your hand as he says, but dont bottom out the pair on the back: they need to stand proud (my booklet says 2.5mm at least) to keep the grip from leaning on the regulator adjusting screw.[/u]
OMS Raider

Post by OMS Raider »

Gentlemen - absolutely 'spot on'. O lossened the two rear grubs and now the foresight aligns perfectly with the rearsight when I come into the aim - effortless; thank you for the excellent advice.
OMS Raider

Post by OMS Raider »

Gentlemen - absolutely 'spot on'. I loosened the two rear grubs and now the foresight aligns perfectly with the rearsight when I come into the aim - effortless; thank you for the excellent advice.