Local rules?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Richard H wrote:Maybe because ISSF rule 6.3.15.3 says 10m ranges must be equiped with electric-mechanical target carriers or changers, oe electronic scoring targets.
I apologize for being a little slow to follow up, but I just finally looked at this and indeed, I think this is precisely the reason scopes are not allowed in outside the US for AP but are allowed here. Here's what the 2007 USAS General Technical Rules says:
6.3.15.3 10 m ranges must be equipped with electric-mechanical target carriers or changers, or Electronic Scoring Targets.

USA
6.3.15.3A USA Shooting sanctioned competitions may be shot on ranges with electric or manual target carriers or fixed multiple bull targets adjustable for height.
Reading between the lines, what it's saying is that manual carriers are not a complete substitute for electric carriers. Presumably, that's because you have to wind them back and setting aside arguments about how tiring that is, it is at least more tiring than looking through a scope or just pressing a button.

And to lurker, yes, your assessment is the same as mine. It's his match and he does whatever he likes. If I want to shoot the match (and I do, both because I like shooting AP and because all the rest of the people are really nice), I just need to remain polite, do what he asks and keep out of his way.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Nicole Hamilton wrote: I just need to remain polite, do what he asks and keep out of his way.
Does he read and/or post on TT?
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Fred Mannis wrote:Does he read and/or post on TT?
Not so far as I know.