IZH 35M availability

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
xtreme

Re: IZH 35M availability

Post by xtreme »

tpow
"I have seen a dealer in Sydney asking AUS $ 1350 when they arrive. I did a lot of ringing around before this."

Good old 'supply and demand' at work

Like ColinC, I got my IZH35 in that first shipment from Industec [ early 2006 ] for under $1000. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. 100% reliable.
Another club member has been trying to get one, but seems be in the same boat as others, supply problems
May all your shots be "10's"
JamesH

Izh35

Post by JamesH »

dlb

Post by dlb »

I've submitted an inquiry to Baikal, and also via guns.ru, to try to determine the production status of this pistol. The initial response that I've received through guns.ru suggests that it's still being manufactured. I'll update this thread if I can learn more.

Post by Guest »

Let's hope it's the same situation than was with the Margolin a few years ago. Back in 2002 when I begun shooting pistol, it was supposed that production of the Margolin had ended. Importer and manufacturer told the same story. I was happy to get one one "last" units, and was a bit concerned about availability of spare parts. Then, all of the sudden the guns started to flow in again, cheaper and more plentiful than ever.
olli

Post by olli »

Anonymous wrote:Let's hope it's the same situation than was with the Margolin a few years ago. Back in 2002 when I begun shooting pistol, it was supposed that production of the Margolin had ended. Importer and manufacturer told the same story. I was happy to get one one "last" units, and was a bit concerned about availability of spare parts. Then, all of the sudden the guns started to flow in again, cheaper and more plentiful than ever.
Sorry, forgot to log in, that was me talking about availability of Margolin in Finland.
dlb

Post by dlb »

Well I've gotten this from a member of guns.ru...

Я понимаю Дэйва.Пистолет этот просто удивительный!И я всякий раз планируя покупку КС-а кручу в руках ИЖ... и беру что-нибудь в 9Пара и выше... А общительность Ижмаша-уже отболело...В сентябре у нас Ганшоу на котором Ижмаш снова будет блистать своим отсутствием!

which Google translates to...

I understand Deyva[that's me]. Pistolet this simply amazing! And I always planned purchase KS-a kruchu in the hands of IZ ... and take something in 9Para and above ... A sociability Izhmasha-uzhe otbolelo ... In September we Ganshou of Izhmash again will shine its absence!

Post by ColinC »

Wow, I think the Russian makes more sense than the English translation.
But then I can afford to smile ;-) I got mine and and it hasn't missed a beat.
As a matter of fact, I pulled it apart over the weekend to see if I could see anything wearing yet. There is not actually much to wear as the moving parts sort of float on a thin layer of gun oil and don't get much closer than a couple of thou from anything else.
I haven't cleaned if for a couple of thousand rounds and was surprised how little gunk had accumulated.
To whoever asked above, I think that the only thing likely to need replacement would be the firing pin. I might try and order one but then from the look of it, it wouldn't take much to make.
dlb

Post by dlb »

They'd made a similar complaint ;)

But the good news is that EAA, in the US, is still providing parts. I'd just received confirmation on the fulfillment of an order for critical replacements ( firing pin, ejector, extractor assembly etc..).
Polymer Proselyte

IZH-35M

Post by Polymer Proselyte »

A bit late but I can add some information. A dealer I spoke with explained that the IZMASH factory operates on batch production. I think with a 2 year cycle. The dealer was trying to source 35Ms .22 and the sales rep was trying to sell him 46s .177 . It sounded quite comical.

Rep "You buy airpistol, Good!"
Dealer - "Well I actually need the .22s"
Rep "No airpistol much better, you buy!"

Anyway Proshoot in NZ got a shipment in recently for $800 per item but sold out. They are taking orders for more.
www.proshoot.co.nz
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Seems there must have been a new shipment into Australia. Club member has just been notified by Alex Taransky in South Australia that after 18 months on the waiting list there is now an IZH-35M with his name on it.
Club member put 10 shots through mine when I first got it two years ago and was hooked. I hadn't even got the Dremmel to the grips to convert it from orang-utang to homo sapiens!
I would suggest that most of the current batch will have gone to those on waiting lists, so if you want an IZH you have to be prepared to wait.

Mine is operating so flawlessly with not one misfire or stovepipe, no matter what ammo I use (Eley brown, yellow, light blue, & orange, Fiocchi Maxac red and green & SK) that my back-up Unique DES69U is now for sale. I am confident I don't need a back-up pistol.
jer

Got the last, propably

Post by jer »

I visited local gun store and they told IJ35 is out of production and there will not come those guns anymore. They had one and I bought it. Maybe I wont shoot with it very much (usually shooting with Pardini) but it is classic...
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Jer,
You are possibly correct about the IJ-35 but that does not mean the identical IZH-35 is out of production. I believe that the designation IJ and IZH refer to particular factorys.

IZH certainly refers to Izhevsky Mekhanichesky Zavod which I believe took over manufacture of the pistol, (from whatever company/factory the letters IJ represent) relabelling it IZH in the process. The IJ designation appears to have been dropped around 1996 when the IJ-70 (Makarov) centrefire pistol also went out of production. This is possibly around the time of the break up of the Soviet Union and the original IJ factory which I think was in Siberia may have ended up outside modern Russia.

The pistol is still in production under the Baikal brand which is owned by IZH the main USSR manufacturer of pistols, rifles and shotguns from the Second World War onwards. IZH is also Russia's largest manufacturer of hand power tools and I think also churns out agricultural machinery under various brand names.

Perhaps go back to the gun store and ask for a Baikal IZH-35M and they might be able to help you.

Cheers Colin
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Their updated website is great.
Appears to be in production.
Try here.
http://www.baikalinc.ru/en/company/45.html
There main web site is:
http://www.baikalinc.ru/en

Post by Guest »

Izh 35m is "in production", but that just means it has not been officially discontinued (maybe). But the fact is they are not making it.

However, I hope it is due to the fact that they are working on the successor model - MR-438.
Some pics here: http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/16/226939.html

The rumors are it will be in production by 2009 (read: in 10 years)