Feinwerkbau P44

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Post by Guest »

wow nice cards. how i wish i could shoot at that level.

i guess your right. i do need more time training.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Axel wrote: I have one more question: What about accidently loading 2 pellets, is it as simple as with a Morini? I did it today for the first time. It was only a small club match, but still... Very frustrating!

/Axel
Yes, it is exactly like on a Morini. Have a plastic rod at hands.

Kent
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Anonymous wrote:
i guess your right. i do need more time training.
It works both ways, a small mistake and it goes to an 8 for me too. The law of nature goes for every one. On the other hand, you are not FAR from your goal. Time is not the only factor here, You must be aware of HOW you do it.

Kent
Lufa

sighting

Post by Lufa »

hi kent,
Thanks for all help about this gun.I just want to know that how its sight when behind the gun. Is it clear to see the sighting like morine , I mean the compsition of frontsight and backsight.If you can send a pic of the backsight from the rear I will be happy.I am waiting for your reply again thanks for your help.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,
OK, two more pictures, since you ask so nicely.
The rear sight can be set another 10 mm further back or 10 mm forward from what I have on my P44
Kent
iXac

Price P44!!!

Post by iXac »

Hi I'm Isaac, 15. From Singapore.

How much was it, and where did you get it from (store, net, mail...etc).

I'm in Singapore, and in need of a new pistol. P44 sounds great, I love the new lever instead of a flap in the P40. I'm a great fan of feinwerkbau.

it does recoil, does it affect muzzle jumps, like ALOT, like into the whites?

it comes with an extra cylinder?, I saw another one in your case.

Really want to get my paws on that pistol. I would like to know where did you get your P44 from.

Thanks, Isaac.

Captain, West Spring Shooting Club, Singapore
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,

I think this company can sell the pistol to you:

http://www.schiesssport.de/shop/1/waffe ... 44_rechts/

You will NOT be disappointed.
Kent
Trev2205

Post by Trev2205 »

I got a new P44 on Friday, haven't had much of a chance to shoot much as yet, but so far the trigger and feel are great and once sighted in properly, I'm feeling confident that the scores will climb (I'm always confident that scores will climb !). The pistol is very light, nicely balanced, and a worthy replacement for my LP10.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,

Here is an update on P44 vs 162EI.

The 162 feels robust and to open the loading lever is like opening a safe when compared to the P44 and its flimsy lever. The lever on a P44 will close if you lean the pistol forward. This is annoying but one has to live with it and adapt to reality.

Rear sight on a 162 is not outstanding in any way so it is an easy match for P44 to be a big winner.

Trigger blade have more adjustability on a P44, as a 162 only goes back and forth but it had been even better if an up/down movement as on a LP10 had been added. The blade is rather short. The trigger itself is not so easy to compare. 162EI is electronic and probably the best of its kind. It is my personal opinion that a GOOD mechanical trigger can not be beaten by an electronic version. A perfect mechanical trigger is very rare though.

Balance is very different. The 162 is a pistol that you must take a firm grip on and you need muscle power to hold it. Balance point is forward. The P44 on the other hand can just rest in your hand. The pistol has a wonderful balance. Weight can be bought as an accessory. A P44 does not require power in hand / arm / shoulder as a 162 does.

Is it worth the money? Should YOU buy a P44?
I your elbow is sore, it can be a way out. If you find a used 162 or LP10, take that road first. They are easy to sell later without loosing money. If you just MUST have everything new on the market and test it, the answer is obvious. If you lean towards a short version of existing pistols, P44 is a possibility.

Kent
wai

Post by wai »

How does the trigger of the P44 compare to the LP10 ?
Chicken-Farmer

Price and suppliers?

Post by Chicken-Farmer »

I was wondering on the US price and any suppliers that are carrying this pistol? Also any review yet?
On a different note, when are Steyr and Morini going to WOW us with something new? In the next couple of months i'm going to be purchasing my first precision pistol. I've always had precision rifles and have been lusting for a nice pistol for several years.

Chicken-Farmer

Post by Guest »

the company from Oberndorf is still supplying their German market first. As to the Morini and Steyr question, with over 95% of the market sharing between them, It is not soon to expect changes. If it's not broke, they will not fix it.
bereznov

buying a P44

Post by bereznov »

Peter Brehm sent me this email last week.

FWB LP Mod 44 ( right hand / Gripsize S or M or L ) #541038 EUR 982,-- ( without VAT ) ( 1,306.74 USD today )
Shippingcosts ( p&p) EUR 50,--
If you want to order we will sent a proforma invoice with all details of payment.
We don't accept any credit cards. Only banktransfer to our german account.

kind regards

Schießsport Stelljes GmbH
-Peter Brehm-
brehm@stelljes.de

www.schuetzenwelt.de
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Oups, all pictures gone.
I did not realise that the photos must be on my server all the time.
This is a drawback when offering a photo.
See if I can put them back again...

Kent
bnm

FWB P44

Post by bnm »

The FWB P44, an interesting gun...

About thos pictures of the P44, Kent, - can you post them here again?
Snowtiger

Nice panels...

Post by Snowtiger »

Kent, I remember the (now missing) photo of your P44 with a nice custom Rink grip attached.
I perchased a P44 the other day. I want to get a tailored grip to fit my hands better.
May I ask the cost of your Rink grip?
How many weeks was delivery time?
Any custom featured to recomend or advice against?
Are you fully satisfied with your custom grip for the P44?
Fred Mannis

Re: Nice panels...

Post by Fred Mannis »

Snowtiger wrote:Kent, I remember the (now missing) photo of your P44 with a nice custom Rink grip attached.
I perchased a P44 the other day. I want to get a tailored grip to fit my hands better.
May I ask the cost of your Rink grip?
How many weeks was delivery time?
Any custom featured to recomend or advice against?
Are you fully satisfied with your custom grip for the P44?
The stock grips that came with my P44 were good, but I decided to replace them with a Rink grip and I am happy I did so. Better fit and feel. The Rink size small is smaller than the size small (Morini?) that came with the gun.
I'm in the U.S. so can't comment on cost or delivery in Europe.
CraigE

for me.....

Post by CraigE »

I am very satisfied with the medium RH Morini grip that came with the P44. I have Rink med convex on my K2s and while that is excellent for that pistol, the standard grip on the P44 suits me exceptionally well. FWIW.
joe1347

Post by joe1347 »

FYI, the new Champions Choice catalog that just arrived in the mail today had a FWB MODEL P44 listed for sale. Nothing on their web site yet.

http://www.champchoice.com/shop.php
hhn

Could not find any...

Post by hhn »

Strangely, Joey, I opened your link, but could not find any FWB P44.
I opened all air-pistol related pages, even tried the "search" option, but no P44 showed up.
There were P40, P56, but no P44.

Did I miss something?