What air pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
AP

What air pistol?

Post by AP »

I'd like to hear your thoughts about the following air pistols:

Steyr LP10
TESRO PA 10 MODEL II
AERON CZ Spider
SAM K-15

I figure the differences are in the grip and trigger between the top three pistols. I Know the Steyr is good and will last for long but I know nothing about the others.
Fred Mannis

Re: What air pistol?

Post by Fred Mannis »

AP wrote:I'd like to hear your thoughts about the following air pistols:

Steyr LP10
TESRO PA 10 MODEL II
AERON CZ Spider
SAM K-15

I figure the differences are in the grip and trigger between the top three pistols. I Know the Steyr is good and will last for long but I know nothing about the others.
Use the search function to find previous, extensive, discussion on the merits of various AP
AP

Post by AP »

After using the search function I've been able to 'narrow' the list to the following airpistols:

Feinwerkbau P44
Tesro P10
Anschutz LP@
Steyr LP10
Benelli Kite

What I have not been able to find for the above pistols are the constraints their owners may have about them.

APs of unequal userfriendliness and quality...

Post by 789 »

There have been some issues of the Tesro APs. Let us hope the factory will inprove on quality.

The Benelli Kite has been with us for some time. Some issues, not an overly popular gun. Big, clumsy, not up to Steyr/Anschutz standards. Owners of "Kites" tend to trade them away, relatively soon after aquiring them....

To your list I would add:
- Morini 162 (m & e). An old (ca 16 years) and proven design. Factory had better improve on the sights, and port the barrel.
- The new Walther match AP. Rumours says it is way better than the former version. It has to be...
joe1347

Re: APs of unequal userfriendliness and quality...

Post by joe1347 »

789 wrote:There have been some issues of the Tesro APs. Let us hope the factory will inprove on quality.

The Benelli Kite has been with us for some time. Some issues, not an overly popular gun. Big, clumsy, not up to Steyr/Anschutz standards. Owners of "Kites" tend to trade them away, relatively soon after aquiring them....

To your list I would add:
- Morini 162 (m & e). An old (ca 16 years) and proven design. Factory had better improve on the sights, and port the barrel.
- The new Walther match AP. Rumours says it is way better than the former version. It has to be...

Any detailed info - other than rumors - the new Walther Match Air Pistol? The English version of the Walther web site only has the LP300 listed.

I handled Walther LP300XT on mar. 24 th, but did no firing

Post by 789 »

It is the Walther LP300XT.
Nice, grip is wood, featuring a gray matte finish. Grip finish same as that of the new walther SSP.

Heard about, or handled the SSP, "joe 1347"?
No?
Maybe the new Walther is simply just rumors and gossip too, Joe?
JulianY

Re: I handled Walther LP300XT on mar. 24 th, but did no firi

Post by JulianY »

789 wrote:It is the Walther LP300XT.
Nice, grip is wood, featuring a gray matte finish. Grip finish same as that of the new walther SSP.

No?
http://www.shootingwiki.org/index.php?t ... er_LP300XT
joe1347

Re: I handled Walther LP300XT on mar. 24 th, but did no firi

Post by joe1347 »

JulianY wrote:
789 wrote:It is the Walther LP300XT.

No?
http://www.shootingwiki.org/index.php?t ... er_LP300XT[/quote]

Thanks for the wiki link. I'm surprised that Walther doesn't mention the 300XT on their english web site - especially since ChampionsChoice actually has some for sale.

http://www.champchoice.com/detail.php?item=2706741

And I'll ignore the comments from 789.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

I know one of the England shooters bought one of the walther stand at Intershoot this year. i have not had chance to ask him how he is getting on with it. I dry fired it a few times but it was not enough to judge relay.

As I remember PaulT seemed quite impressed with the grip at the time,seemed to fit is hand nicely.

JY
AP

Post by AP »

What the differences are beweetn an Anschutz LP@ and a Steyr LP10?

How do the above guns compare to the Feinwerkbau P44?
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

AP,
Mechanically, the Anschutz LP@ and the Steyr LP10 are almost twins and the differences are mostly cosmetic. The Steyr has a ported barrel with a shroud and the balance weights attach in tracks on the sides of the shroud. The Anschutz barrel is not ported nor shrouded and the balance weights attach to a rod that is suspended below the barrel from a bracket that attaches to the trigger guard. The two guns use different adjustable trigger shoes, but other than that they are nearly identical. I own an Anschutz LP@Junior (now Light) which is a shorter version of the full size LP@, and it is a very nice air pistol. My only complaint with the Anschutz balance weight system is that it interferes with the removal of the air cylinder (at least on the short model). Fortunately, I found that I prefer shooting my Junior without the balance weights so the problem went away for me.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

GaryBF wrote:AP,
Mechanically, the Anschutz LP@ and the Steyr LP10 are almost twins and the differences are mostly cosmetic. The Steyr has a ported barrel with a shroud and the balance weights attach in tracks on the sides of the shroud. The Anschutz barrel is not ported nor shrouded and the balance weights attach to a rod that is suspended below the barrel from a bracket that attaches to the trigger guard. The two guns use different adjustable trigger shoes, but other than that they are nearly identical. I own an Anschutz LP@Junior (now Light) which is a shorter version of the full size LP@, and it is a very nice air pistol. My only complaint with the Anschutz balance weight system is that it interferes with the removal of the air cylinder (at least on the short model). Fortunately, I found that I prefer shooting my Junior without the balance weights so the problem went away for me.
Well it make share some of the same genes but that makes it the AP equivalent and a neutered thoroughbred! Especially considering considering the European price for the LP10 is 1.089,00 EUR and the LP@ is 1.125,00 EUR !

However if you insist in on the Anschutz name buy the stayer, remove the grip and gaze at wonderful Anschutz logo on the frame in awe!

Having staid that both pistols are capable of putting 5 shots through the same hole!

JY
slavochk

Post by slavochk »

GaryBF wrote: The Anschutz barrel is not ported.
New anschutz barrel is ported.

Anschutz LP@ is a version of LP10 with minor changes, made by Steyr, for Anschutz fans.
Attachments
bild.jpg
bild.jpg (21.55 KiB) Viewed 6172 times
AP

Post by AP »

Thank you all for your responses and particularily to Slavochk for his input about the current Anschutz LP@.

Slavochk, have you used, both, the Anschutz LP@ an the Steyr LP10? Which one do you preffer and why?

The Anschutz LP@ seems to be 20mm longuer than the Steyr LP10 and it has a longuer sight radius as well.

What the Tesro PA10 problems were? Have they been corrected?

I've seen that many people preffer the shorter (junior) models. Why?

Would a Pardini K2Air be comparable to the aforementioned models?

Eventually, is a Gehmann air pump a good one?
Elmas

Tesro PA 10

Post by Elmas »

AP wrote:Thank you all for your responses and particularily to Slavochk for his input about the current Anschutz LP@.

What the Tesro PA10 problems were? Have they been corrected
?

Here is a (( translated from French)) posting by a shooter called KAMI in another forum , commenting on the TESRO PA 10.

" I have had some for now 15 days and I made not badly matches with. I had Fein CO2 before, then Walther LP 200. My usual points between 555 and 540. My first impressions are very positive.
Arm delivered with a barette counterweight and two counterweights with 20 grs, a Rink stick.
Strong points: quality of materials, esthetics, completion, accessories, good balance on the hand: it at first sight appears heavy (with the two counterweights) but in situation it is well balanced and appears less heavy than Walther. The adjustments appear signal on the level relaxation to me. The departure is very good (unhooking) not reaction of the weapon. The “line of sight” is very well: handlebar very rather low Net like reflects according to slope of the stick, rather low on the hand. The bead is adjustable in opening by only one screw which opens or firm in a perfectly symmetrical way, therefore not of additional adjustments to carry out. At the beginning of the blow the advertisements are true (i.e. that the feeling of the departure of a “lead well party” is one 10).
The flat, comes from the adjustment of stick on the carcass and the stick it even. I had the choice between Steyr LP10 and Tesro. I have already a LP50 of Steyr and I do not like the “contact” with the stick of this weapon. It is what encouraged me to buy Tesro. But this last I find is not signal on this level. Precision: it was delivered to me with a Rink stick, but that does not change anything. On the carcass, there is nothing (not screw on the section postpones or the sides as on Sreyr) to deviate the weapon in the stick and to thus correct a problem of alignment wrist arms, target. The weapon comprises a kind of half disc spherical which allows the slope in the longitudinal axis (slope of stick) but laterally even in “souquant” the screw hallen under the stick, the weapon can turn in the side axis while forcing a little with the hand or simply by putting the weapon in the malette. If you must dismount the stick for an unspecified reason, you will have evil to find exactly the former position of your weapon. If you have a perfect alignment naturally, not problem for you. On or das the stick not of possibility either of directing the carcass a little on the right or on the left. Thus I find this disadvantage like the only a little negative point of this weapon. For the remainder, I made not badly match with, in particular with two leads by paperboards, which enabled me to very often carry out the very beautiful ones doubled, not forcémment in the 10, generally in the 9, but that in known as length on qualities of the weapon. Veiled what I can say. Sporting greetings with all."

I hope you could understand what he was trying to say , his only gripe was about " grip creep" , so it is a common complaint , not just me.

I own and shoot a Tesro AP , I am not aware of any problems , having shot over twelve thousand pellets I should have encountered some problems if they were inherent in the design or common to many pistols due to , perhaps, faulty workmanship . Well, I suppose 'grip creep' could be considered a problem , generally with all ball-joint grips as they tend to creep off alignment , unless you fix the grips in position once you have found your prefered position .

Trigger is excellent , sights perfect , quality excellent , the dry fire button is reliable... the Cylinders take up to 300 Bar , are aluminum and are one and a half times as large as the ones on the Morini . the chromed bar that lies under the cylinder can take up to three (provided) counterweights , and can even be screwed off completely , making the pistol with its aluminum cylinder as light as a Junior model , you can make the pistol muzzle heavy if that is your preference...

I still do not know if one can increase or decrease shot power and speed , and how one can distribute the trigger weight between the first and second stage , as there is only one screw to adjust trigger pull wieght. Those two features , if present , would make the pistol 'even more' versatile .

Elmas

Attachments
Tesro in the basement range
Tesro in the basement range
march 07 014.jpg (47.94 KiB) Viewed 6138 times
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Elmas,
Thank you for the picture. Always good to put a face on a name :-)

For me, the biggest negative on the Tesro would be the lack of adjustments for the trigger. I don't understand why Tesro would offer an AP of this quality without this important feature.

AP - some shooters prefer the short, junior, models because they prefer a light pistol with the balance back toward the grip. In my view, a top end AP should offer ability to adjust weight and balance, trigger (1st & 2nd stage weight and movement), grip angles, and sights. There is no 'one size fits all'.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Elmas,

Nice photo but I see you are breaking rule 6.3.6.6.1 ;)

JY
Nano

tesro

Post by Nano »

Elmas:

Nice to meet you.
Your grip is good, your hand are looking good in the pistol.

Nano
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

JulianY wrote:Elmas,

Nice photo but I see you are breaking rule 6.3.6.6.1 ;)

JY
Hi Julian,

Please outline the rules being broken in the pic. I would like to be warned !

The pistol was in dry-fire mode as my buddy who took the pic made sure the gun was unloaded before he was persuaded to take the pic from that angle !

BTW , I use an Iris Diaphragm on my Knoblochs , and tend to find the increased depth of focus of help in settling in the aiming area.
I am a hypermetrope and the 'weak reading lens' that places the front sight in focus makes the target too fuzzy for my liking... the fuzziness can be unnerving , detracting from one's confidence as it requires plenty of "faith" to just know its there and that I am not straying away as I focus on the sights as the pellet leaves the muzzle. With the diaphragm closed a bit , the target remains sharpish and makes a better "sight picture" .

There was a recent thread where these diaphragms were discussed , and everyone seemed to think that 'depth of field' was a bad side effect and that the main job for the Iris was to limit the amount of light entering the eye causing less strain as the match goes on .

Elmas

slavochk

Re: Tesro PA 10

Post by slavochk »

Hi Elmas,

Please consider the rule regarding the side blinders, as you hat break this rule, and the wide of the cover of the non aiming eye (Max 30mm).
Elmas wrote:I still do not know if one can increase or decrease shot power and speed , and how one can distribute the trigger weight between the first and second stage , as there is only one screw to adjust trigger pull wieght.
Look at page 16 in the manual: http://www.tesro.de/dl/pa10.pdf

Screw A control the second stage weigth.
In my opinion, the correct order should be:
1. screw B (sear engagement)
2. screw F (first stage travel)
3. screw D (second stage travel)
4. screw C (finger rest)
5. screw E (first stage weight)
6. screw A (second stage weight)
7. Check for 500gr restriction.

* first stage weight influenced only by screw E, while second stage weight influenced by screw E and screw A, that's why you must set the first stage weight before setting the second.
* first / second stage travel and finger rest influence the weight, so you should set it before setting the weight.

I've never seen a Tesro, this instruction is based only on the pic in page 16.
You may email Tesro regarding the pallet velocity.
Have fun,
Gilad
Last edited by slavochk on Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.