CM22 misfires

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Elliott

CM22 misfires

Post by Elliott »

I would like to thank all the shooters who had suggestions for my problem with misfires in the morini 22. After analysis and following the cleaning suggestions, I believe ELEY ammunition is too "dirty". What do you semi-auto pistol shooters find to be the cleanest .22 ammuntion?
Elliott Dushkin
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Too dirty? How so?
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Elliot:

Not sure about the current availability of either of the following; but hte cases that I have shot have both been excellent:

Federal match, CCI Standard Velocity (Blue Box; Green Box "Match" if you are worried about "match grade" quality).

Both are clean burning, with laquer or thin powder type lube, and are super accurate. Some of the Federal Gold Medal Match that is still floating around has ignition problems in some guns. Needs a solid whack to light up.

Steve
elliott

CM22

Post by elliott »

Richard,
By "dirty" I meant a lot of powder residue in the action. Getting into the firing pin hole, into the ejector arm recess and along the breech face.
Elliott
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

I don't see most good .22lr ammos as dirty---from my "fond" memories of my CM22 it was the grease that coated the rounds. Some ammo tended to be a lot greasier than others and the CM22 was very fussy about being scrupulously clean. I developed a consistent habit to use right angle .22 mops and brass brushes to clean the chamber frequently, and the use of a dental tool to clean the bolt face and extractor area also as frequently. I am sure this is what has lead to many years of zero alibis or re-fires for me with my SP.
Richard H

Re: CM22

Post by Richard H »

elliott wrote:Richard,
By "dirty" I meant a lot of powder residue in the action. Getting into the firing pin hole, into the ejector arm recess and along the breech face.
Elliott
I was just wondering as I found the Eley "cleaner" than my Lapua, but thats more in regards to the greasy lube.

I've recently been using a Teflon lube, and I've found that the powder residue is a lot less. I had the lube sitting around, use it on my mountain bike, which the main reason is that its a dry lube so it doesn't attract dirt and sand. After a few rounds in the GSP you could feel the grit in the firing pin channel, with the new lube nothing seems to stick.
Francesco

CM 22M Missfire

Post by Francesco »

Can you explain me exactly what kind of missfire and the serial number of the gun? Do you have a pistol with black barrel or stainless steel barrel?
Francesco

CM 22M Missfire

Post by Francesco »

Can you explain me exactly what kind of missfire and the serial number of the gun? Do you have a pistol with black barrel or stainless steel barrel?