Walther LP300XT

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RickP

Walther LP300XT

Post by RickP »

Does anyone have information-good or bad-about the Walther LP300XT. I had read that the LP300 had issues with the trigger group and was not sure if this persists in the newest version of this AP. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Rick
RJP

LP300

Post by RJP »

I have owned an LP300 for about 6 years now. I bought mine when they first were available in the US. The trigger is very good, crisp and consistant. The only problem I had was that the trigger would not hold adjustments. I had to readjust every 6 months or so. Around 2005, Walther made a new trigger module that had very stiff adjustments, I installed one of the upgraded triggers and have had no problems since.

I have not handled the XT version, but the changes seem mostly cosmetic.
The color of the grips, center block and muzzle attachment are different. The muzzle attachment that houses the front sight and upward blow holes is slightly different in shape. I have not heard of any other design changes.

With the upgraded trigger, trigger issues are no longer a problem.
RickP

Walther LP300XT

Post by RickP »

RJP,

Thank you for the info and your own experience with the Walther LP300. As you stated, the differences appear to be cosmetic. Someone in another post mentioned that the 300XT had virtually no movement upon firing (due to the porting, compensator, and absorber) as well as a very crisp trigger. I am very curious. I have a thing for Walther's! (GSP Expert in .22/.32 and an SSP on the way!). Anyway, thanks again for the response.

Rick