Masters Games for ISSF

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Alex L

Masters Games for ISSF

Post by Alex L »

I am looking for Seniors competitions (Masters Games) in ISSF events - for both men & women, in USA, or New Zealand.

My wife and I are in the Over 70s bracket, and are interested in shooting in our Age Groups.

We know the World Masters is coming to Sydney, Oz, next year, and are planning to compete there. But we would like to have another competition beforehand if possible.

We compete in Graded comps regularly - both at club level, and Open competitions. However, we are competing against shooters young enough to be our Grandchildren!!! This puts us at a disadvantage, but we can still put in a good score, (on a goood day!)

Thanks,
Alex L.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Hello Alex my good friend. I believe the WMG in Sydney is set for 2009.

Hope to see you there

F. Paul in Denver
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

Hi Alex,
The NZ Masters Games alternate between Wanganui and Dunedin every February.
Try www.nzmastersgames.com for info although there isn't much except dates for 2008 (at Dunedin) yet.
Cheers
Martin
Alex L

Masters Games for ISSF

Post by Alex L »

OOps!!!!! I am getting a year ahead of myself!!!!!!!! Of Course the Sydney Games are in 2009, (not 2008!) A Senior Moment!!!!!! (As if time does not fly past quickly enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)) )

Thank you for the help, too, regarding the NZ Games. They look promising. We have long fancied a trip to NZ - this might just be the trigger to get us there!

We were hoping to go to the NZ Championships in Auckland, but did not allow ourselves enough time to get all the paperwork bumph through, and other things also got in the way.

The security of firearms whilst sightseeing is always a problem. I wonder if they have an Armoury at Dunedin.

Thanks,
Alex L.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Alex,
you missed a great shoot at Ardmore for the NZPA Championships. It is a pity that this was the last major pistol competition there as the range is being taken over by the government.
Spencer
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

and keep an eye on http://www.alicespringsmasters.nt.gov.au/ about the Alice Springs Masters (site has not been updated yet for the 2008 Games)
Spencer
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

Alex,
I am sure the organisers will be able to take care of or sort security for your firearms and gear while you are sightseeing. Closer to the time, email them and I am sure they will get it sorted.
Martin