Ammo question

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

omega

Ammo question

Post by omega »

I am wondering if you guys had any experience with this ammo.
Head stamp look exactly as Wolf ammo. I got is for $25/brick.
Attachments
22ammo.jpg
22ammo 2.jpg

Post by Guest »

Wolf is the scrap that is not good enough to be labeled SK. SK is owned by Lapua, and makes the brass and primer for Lapau rimfire
Walter Young

Post by Walter Young »

People named "guest" have no credibility.

Unless someone can prove otherwise, I choose to believe that SK Standard plus is exactly the same ammo as Wolf Match Target, and SK Match is the exact same ammo as Wolf Match Extra. Exactly.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Walter Young wrote:People named "guest" have no credibility.
agreed!
K5Tangos

Wolf vs. SK

Post by K5Tangos »

Mr. Young:

Unless I got some weird bricks, the Wolf and SK Standard Plus I tested were not the same. While the cases had the same headstamp, the bullets were slightly different shades of grey. The Wolf cases had the usual Wolf slime coating, while the SK was dry.

Omega:

I did some preliminary accuracy testing of the Standard Plus off a bench at 50 yards, and it performed extremely well from both of my Pardinis, shooting less than 2" groups consistently. I shot about 300 rounds total, with no malfunctions of any kind. It's solid ammo.

Keith
Cartwheel

Post by Cartwheel »

I have tested Wolf Match and SK Rifle Match(several Lot Numbers) in several rifles(Remington 40X, Winchester 52D, Mossberg 44, and Remington 541X). Accuracy was close but Wolf Match performed better than SV. There was one lot number of Wolf Match that I used in my 40X that had a group of less than 1/2 inch at 100 yards (no wind). Needless to say I contacted every distributor I could to buy more but no luck(:^(. I also use Wolf Match in my Trailside. At 25 Yards with no wind it blew out the X ring of the target I was using to set up my Ultra Dot scope. For the price I don't believe you can do better.
TWP

Post by TWP »

$25/brick is a decent price too!

Last time I checked it was going for $270 a Case, $30 per brick if you bought it by the brick.

Oh and you guys were too fast responding to omega, I was going to tell him the ammo is junk and he needs to send it to me for destruction.
omega

Post by omega »

Thank you very much for your opinions.
bearbar

Ammo question

Post by bearbar »

You have to be carefull of the new Wolf comong out I had herd that Wolf lost the contract with SK and it will now be made by Aguilla. I have not personally seen this with my own eyes but beware and check this out before you buy a sizable ammount of the new ammo
Rod
Cartwheel

Post by Cartwheel »

bearbar,

I am a big user of Wolf .22 Match ammo. I sent an email to Wolf at sales@wolfammo.com and asked if they were changing their .22 contrator from SK to Aguilla. They said no - everything is the same as before.

Cartwheel