Matchguns MG1 Air Pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TomAmlie

Matchguns MG1 Air Pistol?

Post by TomAmlie »

From what I understand the MG 1E is the electric trigger version, while the Gehmann GP-1 is the mechanical trigger version.

Does anyone have any information/feedback/opinions on these?

Thanks.
julioalperi

MG1

Post by julioalperi »

My ( 18 Month old ) MG1 is by far the best pistol I could buy for the money paied. I would buy it again. No problems.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Matchguns offers the mechanical MG1 and the electronic MG1E. From time to time Gehmann will buy large series of whatever they like at that moment from one of their suppliers, which is what happened with the Matchguns AP, too. There was a similar situation some years ago with the FAS AP 609. There usually is no structural difference between the Gehmann model and its "original" counterpart, but experience shows that sometimes the Gehmann version doesn't include all the "goodies".
psf32

Re: Matchguns MG1 Air Pistol?

Post by psf32 »

TomAmlie wrote:From what I understand the MG 1E is the electric trigger version, while the Gehmann GP-1 is the mechanical trigger version.

Does anyone have any information/feedback/opinions on these?

Thanks.
I have seen and shoot the Gehmann GP-1 and would say this would never be my first choice for a pistol it looked and felt cheep and not well made. Also I do not think the Gehmann is mechanical version of the MG 1E as I was told by a very good source it is only made for Gehmann but I could be wrong.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

It was designed by Matchguns, it's made by Matchguns, and it looks like a Matchguns, and Gehmann is the importer of Matchguns, and Cesare told us last autumn that he was busy building a big series of APs for Gehmann... so?
psf32

Post by psf32 »

Tycho wrote:It was designed by Matchguns, it's made by Matchguns, and it looks like a Matchguns, and Gehmann is the importer of Matchguns, and Cesare told us last autumn that he was busy building a big series of APs for Gehmann... so?
As I said I could be wrong, o well I still do not like the gun all you have to do is look at the screw for the trigger stop it looks as if it was something that was put on because it was the only screw that could be found in the work shop at the time.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, that's usually a sure sign of Cesare having worked on that pistol....
julioalperi

MG1 trigger stop screw

Post by julioalperi »

There is NOTHING wrong with that screw in my MG1 ( second version of the MG1 I think ). I say that as an engineer and a shooter.
psf32

Re: MG1 trigger stop screw

Post by psf32 »

julioalperi wrote:There is NOTHING wrong with that screw in my MG1 ( second version of the MG1 I think ). I say that as an engineer and a shooter.
I was talking about the Gehmann not MG1
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Which is the same pistol, made by the same people.
julioalperi

Wrong screw??

Post by julioalperi »

Dear psf32, Dear Tycho. In that case, if the screw is also the same, the above said is reaffirmed. That screw is simply PERFECT. BTW practising my profession I had to study, know and classify (to the smallest detail) HUNDREDS of different screws.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

In that case, it's the screw that got loose in somebody's head :-)
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

From the MG-1 I have fired and closely examined, appears to very well made on the exterior and has a superb trigger and sights. Now anyone who knows me, to compliment anything to do with a Morini (MG?) pistol will understand that that gun had to be borderline extraordinary or better. I almost went out and searched for the American Importer the next day. As for electronic triggers---Morini once again receives my highest compliments (this is a rarity to be noted ), the 162EI I owned for a while had a terrific trigger---I was disenchanted with the inability to shift the grips---a la MG-2 (shudder). I think if I were to re-invest in a new AP, Morini (God forbid) might win again with the MG-1E. Right now I am personally leaning towards an LP10, one never knows, do one??? The human mind is a dangerous thing.
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

I am a (verry hapy) shooter with a Mg2.
I would like to replace my Steyr Lp10 to a Mg1(mechanical trigger).
I can not set the trigger far enouf with te Steyr terfour i want to replace ith.
Buth, is the matchguns worth his monny?
The Lp10 kost 1200€, the Mg1 1300€.
Thank You
Double MG1-owner

MG1 vs MG1 E

Post by Double MG1-owner »

I have owned two mechanical MG1-s, sold one, retained one. Very good workmanship/finish. No trouble, no fuzz. The MG1-pistols feature the very very best of adjustable sights!
I have in addition lately acquired an MG1- Electronic. This model weights in at about 1220 grams. Considerably heavier than the MG1 mech, but managable in trained hands. (Which mine are).

So, an absolutely mint condition MG1 is for sale, with luxury big carrier case, two cylinders, tools etc. Price? About 975 Euros.
Unaltered medium grips.