Info on FAS 601?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TargetTerror

Info on FAS 601?

Post by TargetTerror »

What can you guys tell me about the FAS 601? It looks like a .22 short rapid fire pistol, that people feel has good balance and a good trigger, but that needs maintenace (springs, buffer) more than other pistols.

Any first hand experience? And how would people say they compare to the Pardini SP, IZH35M, and Walther KSP200?

also, how easy is .22 short to come by these days?
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

On thought on .22 short. As far an I know .22 short is no longer permissible for any ISSF disciplines including rapid fire which changed to .22lr (year escapes me)

Do the bullseye fold permit it?

So if you are looking for a competition gun this may not be the route to go.

just a thought

Julian
cdf

Post by cdf »

Depending on it's choice of fodder , you may find target grade shorts hard to come by /expensive .IRIC , they can still be used for some NRA bullseye events .

Chris
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Traget Terror- The Pardini, KSP 2000 and others are all 22lr- Apples to Oranges with the 601. As for FAS they are a very good international gun. John McNally used them in three or four Olympics. The FAS 602/607 is the same design and size and is 22LR. I have used one for over twenty years without any issues. Greg
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Had a 601 for 6 years (pre hand-in). It had at least 8 years heave use before. Very few problems. Trigger was roll-over and smooth. Feeding was excellent, although the feed ramp was opened out slightly for me so “tighter” chambering ammunition could be used as RWS Match was, at the time, a tighter fit. Breakfree was very good lubricant. When colder (approx +3c or lower) we wiped a very small amount of Breakfree on the top round in the magazine so this would ease the extraction as .22 short has little energy left for cycling and can cause jams when bullet case lubricant is cold. BTW this works well for .22lr as well :-)

We have several thousand rounds of .22 short in UK – all for sale if anybody is visiting!
JYoung

Post by JYoung »

Is there a source for FAS in the US?
Last edited by JYoung on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

None to my knowledge---Canada had a few importers---
ausdiver99

Post by ausdiver99 »

I've got a FAS 601 which is now unused. Good condition medium Morini grip and I would virtually give it away as I can't use it.