I need to go through the NCAA clearing house.

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

B.T.Carstensen

I need to go through the NCAA clearing house.

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

I am a junior in high school and I want to shoot in college but I need to be cleared through the NCAA clearing house. Can anyone out there tell me where I need to go or what I need to do so that I can shoot in college.

<>Brian<>
anschutzshooter

Post by anschutzshooter »

Go to www.ncaaclearinghouse.net that should give you the info you need. I think you'll have to wait until you're a senior before you start the registration process though.
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

Thanks that was what I needed.

<>Brian<>
Steve N

Post by Steve N »

Sounds like you only need to fill out this form if you will receive scholarship money for your sport. Better check with your counselor before you spend the $50. Looks like just another way to put a clamp on semi-pro (read college football and basketball) sports.
GUEST 8

NCAA CLEARINGHOUSE

Post by GUEST 8 »

YOU CAN REGISTER AT ANY TIME AND START SENDING GRADES AND ACT/SAT SCORES. YOU MUST GO THROUGH THE NCAA CLEARING HOUSE. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO DETERMINE IF YOU MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN SPORTS IN A DIVISION I/II OR III SCHOOL.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Anyone that shoots for (or intends to shoot for) an NCAA varsity rifle team at a Division I or Division II school has to go through the clearinghouse, scholarship or not. If you wait until you get into school you might miss part of your first season waiting for clearence.
c2700

NCAA

Post by c2700 »

B.T.
Would also encourage you to make contact with the coach of the team at the school your considering. When I shot 'way back when' it was really nice to be aquainted with someone who knew the ropes.
Good luck.
seemehaha

Post by seemehaha »

fill out the form near the end of your junior year. i filled mine out in april'ish and got my letter from the ncaa saying i was cleared the following january. other suggestions if you're looking at shooting in college: keep your grades up, you look more attractive if you can get some academic money so the coaches don't have ot spend as much on you and they know you are not going to be a problem student. get in touch with coaches this summer and start talking to a minimum of 3 schools (gotta have those back ups). finally, take the sats and acts and take them asap. if you don't do so hot you have time to retake them, and if you do good, then you can use that when you're talking to coaches. good luck!
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

seemehaha wrote:fill out the form near the end of your junior year. i filled mine out in april'ish and got my letter from the ncaa saying i was cleared the following january. other suggestions if you're looking at shooting in college: keep your grades up, you look more attractive if you can get some academic money so the coaches don't have ot spend as much on you and they know you are not going to be a problem student. get in touch with coaches this summer and start talking to a minimum of 3 schools (gotta have those back ups). finally, take the sats and acts and take them asap. if you don't do so hot you have time to retake them, and if you do good, then you can use that when you're talking to coaches. good luck!
Thanks, I am signed up to take the ACTs and tha SATs after I get back from the JOs. It looks like I am going to have to look at a few my schools.

<>Brian<>