New ISSF rule regarding Indication of weapon being unloaded

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

bharat

New ISSF rule regarding Indication of weapon being unloaded

Post by bharat »

Hello,
Sometime back I had read somewhere that some new ISSF rule has been introduced stating that during competition, when the weapon is unloaded, some indication has to be there for which some kind of thread attached to a red flag is inserted in the barrel. Any idea from where these indicators would be available?
thank you.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

1 the word 'weapon' does not appear ANYWHERE in the ISSF rules.

2 there is no ISSF rule relating to "some indication has to be there for which some kind of thread attached to a red flag is inserted in the barrel", or any such.
Some national shooting organisations require these, but the ISSF does not.

3 a web search for 'empty camber indicator' (USA), 'open bore indicator', 'SAFETY LOOK', or 'safety snap cap' (european terminology) should get you in the right direction

Spencer
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

Alot of people use weed eater line just put it in your barrel.

<>Brian<>
TargetShootingShop.com

Post by TargetShootingShop.com »

B.T.Carstensen wrote:Alot of people use weed eater line just put it in your barrel.

<>Brian<>
Anschutz have marketed it as 'Safety Line' with the appropriate price tag of course. And to sex it up as bit put a pretty lady in a thong on the packet!

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Sundries.html#a168

The Safety look from Centra / MEC work best as they stop the barrel cooling

Ryan
Intershoot
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

Thats hilarious ;-) whoever said shooters had one track minds.

<>Brian<>
bharat

Safety Line, Shooting Shoes

Post by bharat »

Thanx Ryan, yes thats what I was looking for and had heard of.

Now, could you please advise me on some reasonably priced, good quality pistol shooting shoes. What are your views on the performance of the shooter using such shoes. Actually, I am looking for 'value for money' product.

I shall await for response from you incl.other members.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Spencer wrote:1 the word 'weapon' does not appear ANYWHERE in the ISSF rules.
So what?

Is that how browbeaten Aussie shooters have become?
isuguncoach

Post by isuguncoach »

A good starting shooting shoe can be found at Walmart (if your close to one), they are "skateboarding" shoes. Flat hard bottom, with little bounce in the innersole. Very cheap, and usable.

Joe
WaltherWill

Post by WaltherWill »

Yes, Skateboarding shoes work very well. My team used to use these for shooting Air Rifle Sporter class because they were legal as long as they didn't extend above the ankle. I don't know any of the pistol rules, but I doubt they ban these shoes.
Last edited by WaltherWill on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pradeep5

Post by Pradeep5 »

Special shoes are fine for pistol, as long as the ankle is uncovered. For those in the US, Old Navy is having a sale on their "skate" shoes, about $5 per pair.
TargetShootingShop.com

Re: Safety Line, Shooting Shoes

Post by TargetShootingShop.com »

bharat wrote:Thanx Ryan, yes thats what I was looking for and had heard of.

Now, could you please advise me on some reasonably priced, good quality pistol shooting shoes. What are your views on the performance of the shooter using such shoes. Actually, I am looking for 'value for money' product.

Hi

I sell the shooting shoes by Gehmann and Anschutz. To be honest neither of them are great sellers, as the advantages of wearing them isn't as great as the rifle boots are to rifle shooters. That said, if you are at a reasonable level of competition they will help a little but I agree with the other users that a pair of cheap comfy skate shoes might be just as effective

Ryan
intershoot.co.uk
bharat

Re: Safety Line, Shooting Shoes

Post by bharat »

TargetShootingShop.com wrote:
bharat wrote:Thanx Ryan, yes thats what I was looking for and had heard of.

Hi

I sell the shooting shoes by Gehmann and Anschutz. To be honest neither of them are great sellers, as the advantages of wearing them isn't as great as the rifle boots are to rifle shooters. That said, if you are at a reasonable level of competition they will help a little but I agree with the other users that a pair of cheap comfy skate shoes might be just as effective

Ryan
intershoot.co.uk