Contacts

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

usaf_22

Contacts

Post by usaf_22 »

I wear cantacts, sometimes in the middle of a match they dry out, are they really worth it?
Padawan

Post by Padawan »

I used to wear contacts when I shot, but they were annoying when they dreid out and I couldn't see as well, so I started wearing my glasses, pushed over my nose at an odd angle so I could see through the lens. This worked much better, I could see much better with the glasses than contacts. I have just gotten a lens for some shooting glasses and I will see how those work out.
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

I wear contact to but they are for dry eyes they were a little more $$$ but it was worth it.
I thing that I do to is before I shot I put some weting drops in and that helps alot too.

--Brian--
n1heu

Post by n1heu »

I've never worn contacts myself so I do not speak from experience. However, I do wear Champion Olympic glasses and really couldn't recommend them highly enough. They are worlds away from trying to angle your own glasses to see correctly. Also the option of tinting the lenses for different lighting is a nice option. I use my distance prescription of about -1.00 sph on my dominant eye and a reading lens of +4.00 sph on my other. I'm in my 40's and trying to read the sight settings close up is now impossible for me without a little help. On the non-dominant eye I also have an opaque blinder over the reading lens.

mike
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

I briefly experimented with contacts for a while and expected they'd be great for shooting -- right up until I actually went shooting with them. That's when I realized, dammit, I still needed eye protection but that my regular prescription glasses were far better optically than anything else I was likely to find. Duh.

Post by Guest »

I shoot better with contacts that with my normal glasses. I shoot better with shooting glasses than with contacts.
Tested primarily in prone, seems to work for kneeling as well. No good results yet for standing.
BOOKER

Post by BOOKER »

I shoot more comfortable with contacts.
Some lubricating eye drops will do the job.
BTW, in Ways of the Rifle they recommend the use of contacts, but it's all personal preference.

My 2 cents.