Measuring Trigger Pull

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

FinnishPower

Measuring Trigger Pull

Post by FinnishPower »

what is the easiest way to measure trigger pull weight accuratly, just that i need to adjust my trigger pull but i don't feel like taking it to the gunsmith for such a simple job

ps i need to take a stock Sako P94S trigger from 1.1kgs to about 2 pounds

thanks in advance FinnishPower
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

You need to get a tigger weight pull gauge I think most of the new ones you will find are digital.
Should be able to get one from Champions Choice or or host might carry one. Call and find out.

---Brian---
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Richard H

Re: Measuring Trigger Pull

Post by Richard H »

FinnishPower wrote:what is the easiest way to measure trigger pull weight accuratly, just that i need to adjust my trigger pull but i don't feel like taking it to the gunsmith for such a simple job

ps i need to take a stock Sako P94S trigger from 1.1kgs to about 2 pounds

thanks in advance FinnishPower
You are aware that 1.1 Kg is 2.4 lbs right.
FinnishPower

Post by FinnishPower »

yes i am
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

If you're trying to measure your trigger pull accurately enough to decide if you're legal for a competition, a gauge is probably not going to be sufficient. You'll probably want to buy an actual weight set. The one I bought is the one Larry Carter recommended to me, the NRAL Universal Trigger Weight System available for $110 from Brownell's. What's nice is that you can make up combinations of weights to test triggers for all the various international and NRA competitions.

The only (minor) negative besides cost is that is has rollers on the ends of the rods where you hang them from the triggers, which is technically not permitted for testing in international competitions. But this only makes it easier to use and it should not affect the accuracy; unless you were hoping to use it for judging, you should not care.