first batch of pics from Germany tour

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

pilkguns
Site Admin

first batch of pics from Germany tour

Post by pilkguns »

http://pilk-uns.com/picsW/t1/index.htm

we will caption them later and add more in the nextday or so
joe4702

Post by joe4702 »

The Anschutz factory pics are excellent.
Welcome back or have a good trip home, depending on where you are posting from!
cdf

Post by cdf »

Shrek had a great time , he truly enjoyed every minute of the trip .

Chris
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

cdf wrote:Shrek had a great time , he truly enjoyed every minute of the trip .

Chris
Yes Chris I did have a wondeful time, I'd highly recommend the trip to everyone.

Richard Hutchinson (aka Shrek)
Marc Orvin

Great Tour

Post by Marc Orvin »

This was an excellent trip in every imaginable way. Even my wife, who is just a casual shooter, enjoyed the entire tour.

Scott provided just the right amount of structured tour with just enough free time for walking around. I enjoyed the factory tours and the clubs. My wife enjoyed the castle tours and the scenery and the shopping. I couldn't be happier!!

Scott is a great host and his knowledge and contacts made this whole thing amazing.

Slocat and my wife and I spent an extra few days touring around. It's plenty expensive to get over there, so I figured a few extra days couldn't hurt.

Just want to add a big thanks to Scott and his family for putting this whole thing together. It was a lot of work on his part and his family had to do without him there to run the business for a couple weeks. They are all great people, and we appreciate them.

Marc Orvin
Marc Orvin

Great Tour

Post by Marc Orvin »

This was an excellent trip in every imaginable way. Even my wife, who is just a casual shooter, enjoyed the entire tour.

Scott provided just the right amount of structured tour with just enough free time for walking around. I enjoyed the factory tours and the clubs. My wife enjoyed the castle tours and the scenery and the shopping. I couldn't be happier!!

Scott is a great host and his knowledge and contacts made this whole thing amazing.

Slocat and my wife and I spent an extra few days touring around. It's plenty expensive to get over there, so I figured a few extra days couldn't hurt.

Just want to add a big thanks to Scott and his family for putting this whole thing together. It was a lot of work on his part and his family had to do without him there to run the business for a couple weeks. They are all great people, and we appreciate them.

Marc Orvin
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Glad to hear everybody had such a great time. Seems I know half of the group.
I was wondering, how many (from the States) took their air-guns, and, were there any problems with their cylinders?
From what I understand, it's pretty much a crap shoot as to whether TSA will let you through with an air cylinder.
Great photos, would have loved to have been there. Maybe next time.

R.M.

Post by Guest »

Both going and returning, my air cylinder was attached to the airpistol and was not inspected to see if it was empty. I was only asked if the airpistol was unloaded, and TSA only x-rayed my baggage at DIA and did not physically look at the airpistol. I did not attempt to bring a second cylinder. On my return trip, there was a sticker attached to my TSA lock on my suitcase (indicating, I'm told, that they unlocked it for inspection), but not on the TSA lock on my airgun case inside. Air was available at the clubs where we shot, so one cylinder was enough.

While at Nill Grips, I said I wanted to buy a grip for my Steyr LP-10. I said that I wanted "pretty wood" on the grip. After giving my grip size, the fellow came back with a tray containing over 40 grips and I got to pick the one I liked the best. One doesn't often get to do this. What a deal! And they gave us a break on price too.

Walther gave me a heck of a deal on a PPK part I needed too!

A RWS employee gave everyone on the tour an RWS T-shirt, baseball cap, pellet shaker box and pellet tin holder. We were treated like royalty.

The factory tours were outstanding, exceeding my expectations.

And the hospitality of all the shooting clubs we visited was exceptional.

I'm sure that the welcome we received everywhere was due to Scott's influence.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

photos from Ulm, the Burlafingen Club, and the Walther tour, and Nill Griffe are here
http://pilk-uns.com/picsW/t2/index.htm

photos from the Oberndorf club and Feinwerkbau are here
http://pilk-uns.com/picsW/t3/index.htm

photos from the RWS shooting club and the RWS factory
http://pilk-uns.com/picsW/t4/index.htm

pics from the German shooting museum, the famous HSG club, largest shooting club in Germany, probably the world, built in nearly a castle atmosphere, and our last night with the Hangeham club
http://pilk-uns.com/picsW/t5/index.htm
Southpaw

Post by Southpaw »

Absolutely wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

SP
VladB

Post by VladB »

Amazing pictures!! Thank you very much for taking the time to capture the spirit of the trip!

I couldn't make it this year but hoping to make next.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

Sorry that I didn't make it to meet your group during the trip to germany. At first we were very busy finishing two issues of our gun magazine (monthly and a special issue), then I went ill...

Because Scott provided me very quick with a batch of printable pictures on CD of several steps of the trip, we've decided to make 2 pages in the next VISIER issue (1/2007) - but unfortunately I haven't got any picture with Scott on it. E-mailed him already, no reaction - has anybody else made digital pictures (300 dpi or at least 1,5 Mb and more) with him on it, preferably alone or at least "recognizable"?

Then please mail it to ulrich.eichstaedt(at)vsmedien.de - I'm leaving for holiday tonight and when I return at the 27th and still haven't received any mail from Scott, we have two empty white pages in the next issue...

I also would like to learn more about your stay here in germany: was it worth coming here, did you see anything interesting at Feinwerkbau, Walther, RUAG (or in the club-homes shooting)?

We really would appreciate your help!

Ulrich Eichstädt
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Ulrich Eichstädt wrote:Sorry that I didn't make it to meet your group during the trip to germany. At first we were very busy finishing two issues of our gun magazine (monthly and a special issue), then I went ill...

Because Scott provided me very quick with a batch of printable pictures on CD of several steps of the trip, we've decided to make 2 pages in the next VISIER issue (1/2007) - but unfortunately I haven't got any picture with Scott on it. E-mailed him already, no reaction - has anybody else made digital pictures (300 dpi or at least 1,5 Mb and more) with him on it, preferably alone or at least "recognizable"?

Then please mail it to ulrich.eichstaedt(at)vsmedien.de - I'm leaving for holiday tonight and when I return at the 27th and still haven't received any mail from Scott, we have two empty white pages in the next issue...

I also would like to learn more about your stay here in germany: was it worth coming here, did you see anything interesting at Feinwerkbau, Walther, RUAG (or in the club-homes shooting)?

We really would appreciate your help!

Ulrich Eichstädt
Scott is like a mythical beast, I went through 465 photos and I only found one with a blurry figure in the back which I think was Scott.
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Ulrich,
I emailed you 7 photos, but I'm afraid they are only about 256K instead of the Hi Res you are looking for.

My wife and I thought it was a great tour and we would do it again on a minute's notice. There was much to see and much to do and a lot of new friends to meet and to shoot with. What a great heritage of target sports you have in Germany!! Many of your clubs are older than our country.

Scott sent a survey to us to provide you with many answers to the questions you have asked here. I sent mine to him a few days ago. He'll probably send them along pretty soon.

All the best,
Marc
mda

Trip Pictures

Post by mda »

Great pictures Scott brought back memories of the trip in 2001. I saw a few familiar faces from that trip also.

You all must have had a great time, especially with that great tour guide / translator Annett Von Weich. I see that the incredible tour bus driver from East Germany (cannot remember his name as he did not speak any English when we went) also returned, could he handle that bus and always had cold beers ready when we returned after a day seeing the sights.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

Hi Marc,

thanks very much for the pictures of the Yeti (ah, Scott) - but as you already assumed, they were mostly blurry and cannot be used for printing, sorry.

Still no answer from Scott himself (very sad, because I'm sure he will read this threads here on his own board). So I haven't got any comments from the participants. Would it be possible to mail some comments from that survey directly to VISIER (i.e. to me as the author)?

And I have to finish the article on tuesday (returned last night from Turkey) - we will then try a collection of pictures and as little text as possible, and I will guess what's the story behind it. Or we cancel it completely - sorry, but no help (from the organizer), no story.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Ulrich Eichstädt wrote:Hi Marc,

thanks very much for the pictures of the Yeti (ah, Scott) - but as you already assumed, they were mostly blurry and cannot be used for printing, sorry.

Still no answer from Scott himself (very sad, because I'm sure he will read this threads here on his own board). So I haven't got any comments from the participants. Would it be possible to mail some comments from that survey directly to VISIER (i.e. to me as the author)?

And I have to finish the article on tuesday (returned last night from Turkey) - we will then try a collection of pictures and as little text as possible, and I will guess what's the story behind it. Or we cancel it completely - sorry, but no help (from the organizer), no story.
Ulrich I've sent forwarded the email to you.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Uli, i have sent pics and e-mails to you???? will call you in the morning, your afternoon!