Interpretation of Scoring Rule

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

wai

Slow target changing

Post by wai »

Note : I am a pistol shooter

On hindsight, maybe the shooter should have protest that target changing was too slow. In 50m pistol, there is a rule for that, as follows :

If the shooter considers the marking or target changing too slowly, he may report this to a Range Officer. If the Range Officer or the Jury considers the claim justified, they must correct the situation. If the shooter or a team official considers there is no improvement, the shooter or a team official may protest to the Jury.
The Jury may grant a time extension up to a maximum of 10 minutes. Such claims cannot be made in the last 30 minutes of the competition except in unusual circumstances.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

B***** Hell! Will nobody tell us which competition?

Or, is this meant to be another one of these 'I heard of..' / "I think...' / "My next door neighbour's sister in law's friend..." examples of holy writ?

Spencer
David Levene

Re: Slow target changing

Post by David Levene »

wai wrote:On hindsight, maybe the shooter should have protest that target changing was too slow. In 50m pistol, there is a rule for that, as follows :

If the shooter considers the marking or target changing too slowly, he may report this to a Range Officer. ........etc
The same rule is there for rifle as 7.6.3.1.2.2 but its use requires the shooter to comply with 7.1.2 (rifle) or 8.1.2 (pistol).

Before anyone asks, they are the ones that say that the shooters must be familiar with the rules ;-)
RobStubbs

Re: Interpretation of Scoring Rule

Post by RobStubbs »

TimTam wrote:Hi,

In a recent competition, a shooter (men's 50m prone) shot his 58th shot on his 58th target and also the 59th and 60th shot on the same target. Which means he has a total of 3 shots on the 58th target. The 3 men jury deducted 2 points from that target according to the ISSF rules stated below.
Spencer,
The clues in the very first post - 50M prone rifle. Now you can calm down ;-)

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Spencer wrote:B***** Hell! Will nobody tell us which competition?
It must have been quite a biggy. A Jury of three ISSF A Class judges and a Jury of Appeal.
BangBang

Post by BangBang »

Hi David, thanks for the clarification.

Martin, if the Target changer moved slowly, the team manager or the shooter should have raised this at the start of the match and requested a bay change, couldn't they?? It guess it must be obviously slow and would have put him at a disadvantage, given that the event is a 'one shot per target event'.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

8.6.3.1.2.2 ...Such claims cannot be made in the last 30 minutes of the competition except in unusual circumstances.

(sorry Rob, the competition, not the match) I still would like to know which competition - as this was on paper targets, obviously not a WC or the W Champs

Spencer
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Spencer wrote:8.6.3.1.2.2 ...Such claims cannot be made in the last 30 minutes of the competition except in unusual circumstances.

(sorry Rob, the competition, not the match) I still would like to know which competition - as this was on paper targets, obviously not a WC or the W Champs

Spencer
I sort of realised that after Davids post. Does sound odd if it was a lower level comp yet with some many class A judges.

Rob.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Spencer wrote:(sorry Rob, the competition, not the match) I still would like to know which competition - as this was on paper targets, obviously not a WC or the W Champs
Not necessarily Spencer, wasn't the WC in Changwon last year shot on paper targets on electric target changers?
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

TinTam's original post referred to a "recent competition" - I took that as being 2006. Munich, Milan and Zagreb were on EST.

Spencer
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Spencer wrote:TinTam's original post referred to a "recent competition" - I took that as being 2006. Munich, Milan and Zagreb were on EST.
Martin H seemed to be saying that, having spoken to the shooter, it happened on Friday 4th August.

My immediate thought was that the World Championships were still going on then, but the last 50m prone match was on 29th July and that was on EST anyway.

What other competitions, with a Jury of 3 A class judges and a Jury of Appeal, were being shot on the 4th.
TimTam

Post by TimTam »

Well, not all recent competitions must be at the world level. It was actually my country's annual nationals open where local clubs and foreign clubs are invited. Local and foreign judges in the region are invited to judge the events.

Interested in coming to the east for a shooting competition at club level?