Axsor Pump Maintenance Help Please

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Alex L

Axsor Pump Maintenance Help Please

Post by Alex L »

Hi, All.
My Axsor pump is about 5 years old, and has started to play up.
It is hard to maintain the compression, and sometimes it pushes back the handle bar.

I have read the article printed on Sept.17th 1999 By Roland, and the replies.
I have a couple of further questions -
1) He used Dow corning 111 lubricant. Where on the pump did he use the lubricant? - Was it on the shaft, or where?

2)If he completely disassembled the pump, did he have any instructions to help with this? I have an exploded drawing of the pump, but there are no instructions.

3) I have a silicon grease. Would this substitute for the 111 lubricant?
If anyone can help me with this, I would be very grateful.

As I have some competitions coming on soon, I need to get the pump working, as I have no other way of filling my cylinders.
Thanks, Alex L.
pilkguns in NJ

Post by pilkguns in NJ »

Alex, we have not had good luck trying to rebuild these pumps, which is one of the reasons why we went to the Hills.

at 5 years, I think you need a total rebuild... or a new pump. contact your local supplier I am sure they will fix you up
Bob LeDoux

Axsor Pump Info

Post by Bob LeDoux »

The 'Airgun Letter', July 1998 had an article on Axsor maintenance.

Try loosening both hex screws that attach the handle. Then push the handle down. Retighten the screws. This should fix the tendency for the handle to stay up.