Rifle Training In Los Angeles Area?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

JPOC

Rifle Training In Los Angeles Area?

Post by JPOC »

A friend of mine in Japan has asked about training opportunities in the LA area for a Paralympics shooter who is relocating there for 2 years while her husband is here in the USA on assignment with his work.

I am aware of some junior shooting clubs further north in California, but no ranges in the greater LA area.

Can the TT community come to her aid with contact information for suitable clubs/ranges in the LA area?

Thanks!

JP
j.edwards

Post by j.edwards »

Los Angeles Rifle & Revolver Club
www.lafn.org/~larr/
wrc

Post by wrc »

Wow - I can't believe that there's an actual range in the LA metro area! Wish I had known about it in the "old days" when I was visiting the ranges at Chino.
JPOC

Post by JPOC »

Thank you "j.edwards" for the information. It was most helpful!
metermatch

Ranges in Los Angeles

Post by metermatch »

Los Angeles Rifle and Revolver Club range is very nice. They just had their 100 year anniversary. They are located in the Whittier Narrows Recreation Area, in Whittier. They have a 100 yard smallbore range, with matches every Sunday. They are primarily smallbore prone, but I understand they are having 3 P matches, as well as air rifle. There are perhaps 60 firing points, so it is a good sized range.

They just had a 6400 prone match, with $2000 in prize money given away. They also host the State Championships, numerous 1600's and 3200's, and international PTO's. .

Jeff
j.edwards

Re: Ranges in Los Angeles

Post by j.edwards »

metermatch wrote:Los Angeles Rifle and Revolver Club range is very nice. They just had their 100 year anniversary. They are located in the Whittier Narrows Recreation Area, in Whittier. They have a 100 yard smallbore range, with matches every Sunday. They are primarily smallbore prone, but I understand they are having 3 P matches, as well as air rifle. There are perhaps 60 firing points, so it is a good sized range.

They just had a 6400 prone match, with $2000 in prize money given away. They also host the State Championships, numerous 1600's and 3200's, and international PTO's. .

Jeff
There are more prone shooters than there are 3P right now, but 3P is still well attended. There are 3P matches and a dedicated portion of the range for training. There is currently no AR venue available.