CISM world record - mens center fire pistol.

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Axel

CISM world record - mens center fire pistol.

Post by Axel »

New military world record in mens center fire pistol is now 597p. Set in Norway this weekend. Turkish Yusuf Dikeg shot 298p (with an 8) in precision event and 299p in rapid fire event. This is an absolutly fantastic record.

Anyone got more information, or perhaps even were there when it happened?

http://www.cism-shooting-2006.com
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Something in the back of my brain tells me that the CISM Center Fire pistol match is not the same as the ISSF one.

Can anyone confirm this.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:Something in the back of my brain tells me that the CISM Center Fire pistol match is not the same as the ISSF one.

Can anyone confirm this.
CISM linkls on the regulations at http://www.cism-milsport.org/eng/b1_spo ... ooting.pdf seem to be a direct copy of the ISSF 2005/2 printing

Spencer
Tor

World Rec. CF

Post by Tor »

I think it's the same Levene, but on the team event they use the three best results of four shooters instead of 3/3.

Tor Ingvaldsen
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Thanks Spencer, in that case I believe Axel's description as "absolutely fantastic" is something of an understatement.

Let's just hope that it can be repeated at the ISSF World Championships in Zagreb next month to make it a full world record.
Mike T.

record score

Post by Mike T. »

Now that "record" was part of a team score. In the individual match, he did not shoot quite as high. Can the score from the team match be extracted as an individual record?
In no way am I demeaning his achievement, just wondering about the technicalities of establishing a record.
Mike T.
David Levene

Re: record score

Post by David Levene »

Mike T. wrote:In no way am I demeaning his achievement, just wondering about the technicalities of establishing a record.
I am not sure about CISM records but even if it had been shot in the individual match the ISSF would not have recognised it as a World Record.

Rule 3.10.1 - World Records may be established in all recognized ISSF Men's, Women's, and Juniors' events in Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cups, Continental Championships and Continental Games that have been conducted according to the ISSF Rules and Regulations.
Axel

Post by Axel »

David Levene wrote:
Mike T. wrote:In no way am I demeaning his achievement, just wondering about the technicalities of establishing a record.
I am not sure about CISM records but even if it had been shot in the individual match the ISSF would not have recognised it as a World Record.

Rule 3.10.1 - World Records may be established in all recognized ISSF Men's, Women's, and Juniors' events in Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cups, Continental Championships and Continental Games that have been conducted according to the ISSF Rules and Regulations.
Yusuf Dikeg set his record in CISM World Championship. That's why it counts as a CISM world record - exactly as you describe in ISSF rule 3.10.1

CISM world championships holds very high status, even regarding to ISSF events - let me remind you that many top shooters in ISSF actually are employed military personel in their own country, Michail Nestruev for example.

Enough of this rule talk. Lets hope we will see even better scores in Zagreb in a few weeks. :-)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Axel wrote:Lets hope we will see even better scores in Zagreb in a few weeks. :-)
I couldn't agree more but, let's face it, he hasn't left a lot of room for improvement.

I am still trying to come to terms with a 597 and a 594 in the same match. What hope is there for mere mortals.
Axel

Post by Axel »

David Levene wrote:
Axel wrote:Lets hope we will see even better scores in Zagreb in a few weeks. :-)
I couldn't agree more but, let's face it, he hasn't left a lot of room for improvement.

I am still trying to come to terms with a 597 and a 594 in the same match. What hope is there for mere mortals.
Indeed. But they showed that it is possible to shoot super high scores in center fire pistol. That is very impressive, but also very inspiring. 600p is next. :-)
David M

Post by David M »

Wonder what sort of "toy" it was shot with ?
Anybody know ?
Tor

Post by Tor »

David M !
Dikeg used a Hämmerli 280. Nestruev scored 298 on the precision event With a TOZ revolver, so the "tools" can be rather different.
I also send some pictures from the actual range. It's from 26/6 on the Team mil. RF event.

Tor Ingvaldsen