Oil recommendations, IZH 46m

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
recurve06

Oil recommendations, IZH 46m

Post by recurve06 »

What are you guys usung in your IZZY 46 for the compression chamber? I know it's supposed to be a high flashpoint, non petroleum based oil. Can you give me some brand names please? Thanks - Carl
GaryBF

Oil for Izzy

Post by GaryBF »

I used Gamo airgun oil and it seemed to work fine. Don't overdue it however. I put about two drops of oil on the piston after every tin of pellets. You can buy Gamo oil from MidwayUSA. A two ounce bottle costs $3.29. Hope this helps.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I have used Crossman Pellgun Oil and Beeman Ultralube. Both seem to work OK - no seal problems yet. Two drops per tin of pellets.
bubba_zenetti

Post by bubba_zenetti »

I spray CLP Break Free into mine. Seems to work wonders for it. I put a few squirts in the trigger group as well and it made a big difference on the break.

Post by Guest »

bubba_zenetti wrote:I spray CLP Break Free into mine. Seems to work wonders for it. I put a few squirts in the trigger group as well and it made a big difference on the break.
Thanks for that Bubba,
But I thought you said yesterday in Shooters Lounge that your only pistol was a Twinmaster?
CharlesC

Post by CharlesC »

From the array of replies it seems that most any oil will work. I used Crosman Pelgun oil in the past. I'm currently using non-detergent 30 wt motor oil. Pelgun Oil is the same type of oil with a red dye in it. Non-detergent motor oil is available at most hardware stores.
bubba_zenetti

Post by bubba_zenetti »

Anonymous wrote:
bubba_zenetti wrote:I spray CLP Break Free into mine. Seems to work wonders for it. I put a few squirts in the trigger group as well and it made a big difference on the break.
Thanks for that Bubba,
But I thought you said yesterday in Shooters Lounge that your only pistol was a Twinmaster?
my izh sits in the garage badly abused. it is a toy and not really part of my very small collection of arms. i got it for really cheap at a gun show so it gets used for plinking.

on the note of oils. as a prefessional motorcycle mechanic, i have done a lot of study on automotive chemicals. some lubricants contain a carrier agent such as napatha (WD-40 is most common) naptha can deteriorate certain rubbers and plastics over time. read the lable or the material data safety sheet to see what the carrier agent is. stay away from napathene based carriers.

another good oil for air guns is good old pnuematic tool oil. can be found at most auto parts stores. it should be safe for air gun seals as it does nto harm air tool seals.

Post by Guest »

did he mention wd-40...

ok, i apologize, lets dont go there. lol