Matchguns MG-2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Mark Briggs wrote:I suspect that an official seeing this would be able to call it as an allowable malfunction without too much trouble. The only real question is whether or not they would allow disassembly (4 screws) with this round still in the gun.
Mark, from what you describe I take it that it would be visibly obvious that the gun has malfunctioned and therefore, under rule 8.8.4.4, the RO does not even have to handle the pistol. The shooter would therefore be free to safely clear the gun. Explaining what is being done to the RO and enabling him to see any rounds taken out of the gun should keep everyone happy.

This makes me think what would happen in the case of a second, and therefore non-allowable, malfunction.

In a "normal" gun there would be a tendancy for the shooter to have a few choice words under his breath and then just clear the gun. Claiming a malfunction would be pointless. Where there is a more complicated procedure required to make the gun safe it would be polite to make sure that the RO knows what is going on. The safest way would be to claim the malfunction even though you know it would be non-allowable. It would at least be an appreciated "heads-up" for the RO.

This is one of those many variations which cannot all be covered by the wording in the rules. Common sense must prevail.
Mike T.

BIL

Post by Mike T. »

A few days ago, I reported that I broke the bullet insert lever (for the third time). Yesterday's mail brought a replacement from my dealer. I fitted it last night and took the gun to the range today for testing.
The MG2 functioned fine with Eley TP, and CCI standard velocity ammunition. However, some old Winchester T22 gave a problem. One empty failed to eject fully and was trapped by the next round - a jam!
I examined the configuration closely and could see that I could retract the slide considerably before it would hit the rear of the BIL. After removing the magazine (and the loose round in the magazine well), I carefully and slowly pulled back the slide while holding the pistol on its side. After a short rearward movement of the slide, the force on the jammed case was relieved and the empty dropped free. Then I could shake the live round out.
In this instance, it was not necessary to remove the slide cover to free the jammed rounds, but had I pulled back the slide fully, I'm sure I would have strained, if not broken, the BIL!
My MG2 will see no more of that lot of T22.
Now being very cautious dealing with jams in this gun.
Mike T.