Lovin my Styer LP-50

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Cheng

Lovin my Styer LP-50

Post by Cheng »

I have almost 500 rounds thru my new LP-50 from Pilkingtons. Thanks Rhonda for making this happen. Whenever I practice, i cant seem to put it down. I usually shoot 10m after i have already shot about 60 shots thru my hunting air rifle (Daystate Airwolf) and my P70FTOM. When i get to the LP-50, i love how easy it is to load and to shoot. no missing pellet trays when loading, no cocking between shots, and the noise factor is unreal. I do notice some muzzle flip but i consider it my beginner skills that do this rather than pistols fault. I just need more practice!

Cheng
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

I shoot both pistol and rifle (although the rifle is field target). I find that I shoot pistol better if I do that first since, especially, off-hand shooting in rifle is fairly strenuous. (I guess I could shoot off-hand before sitting, though.) There is also the effect of carrying the rifle and gear around versus pistol and gear which is far lighter.

Best,

Joe
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Another point to consider Cheng is that if you get to the point where you want to compete in air pistol competitions, you will not be permitted to load up all five shots in your LP50 magazine. You must load one pellet at a time like everyone else.

One other suggestion - purchase a single shot LP50 magazine to use for matches and serious training. The single shot magazine gives the gun greater consistency (lining up the magazine and chamber) and the single shot magazine also makes it impossible to mistakenly load more than one pellet at a time.

If you decide to compete in the future, I suggest modifying your practice\training sessions now to avoid bad match habits.

Good luck with your new LP50 - it's a wonderful machine.

F. Paul in Denver[/i]
Cheng

thanks

Post by Cheng »

Paul, please elaborate as to how to use the single shot mag to help me line up my shots. Is it because it will be centered? I do have one just only used it once or twice. It was so convenient to use the 5 shot. I do not think it is possile to load more than one pellet unless your LP50 goes automatic. I will try to avoid bad habits by using hte single shot mag. Thanks for the tips.

CHeng
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Cheng,

I should have been a little more clear. The choice of magazine will not help you line up the shot any better. A one shot magazine simply eliminates some of the mechanical variables found in the five shot mag.

First, the five shot magazine will not line up all five pellets with the barrel as consistently as the one shot magazine will line up that single shot.

In time, the five shot magazine will wear at each of the five set points at different rates causing even greater inconsistencies from one shot to the next. Using the one shot magazine will reduce this problem. Even though the one shot mag will also wear in time, you will have greater consistency by using the same one.

Second, all holes are not created equal. You may find some variation in the size of the 5 pellet holes in a five shot mag. This variable is another one which is eliminated by sticking with a one shot mag.

Keep in mind that because it is such a well designed and built gun, the drop in accuracy (if any) is likely to be very minimal. But, at the same time it is one of those variables you can easily control and every single point counts.

Many tens to you.

F. Paul in Denver