Need advise on Hammerli 152 elect.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jigmeb

Post by jigmeb »

Hi, I am interested in buying a free pistol and found a Hammerli 152 with the elect. trigger it looks in good conditions but I do not know if the price is a bit high or not $750 what do you guys think.

Thank you,

jigmeb.

Post by Guest »

IMHO $750 is a bit high because of the support issue. The Hammerli 152 was a fine pistol in its day - and still is. The problem you may have is that parts will be very difficult to obtain. Even though it appears in good cosmetic condition, there is no guarantee that the circuit won't go "phut" on you one day. Hammerli once had a fine reputation for product support and parts supply. Over the last ten years this began to slip following a change of ownership. Now the Hammerli factory is no-longer with the plant having been purchased by Walther and shipped to Germany and Walther have yet to indicate what they intend to do with it. On the basis of that I would be wary. I would be inclined to rather go for a second-hand Toz (or even a new one if you can scrape together another $500 or so).
Trident

Post by Trident »

I would highly advise against buying one of these. I had a number of reliability problems with mine. On top of that it is extremely heavy. I ended up trading that in for a Morini CM-80 Super Comp.

I made the decision when the Hammerli 152 trigger mechanism went down on me in the middle of a collegiate match. This had been an ongoing problem in practice in spite of keeping the gun extremely clean. The contacts for the trigger tended to get fouled easily which appeared to be the problem. This is not something you need to worry about in the middle of a match.

If I had a Hammerli 150 instead of a 152 I probably would have kept it.

Trident
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Now that Walther owns Hammerli, I would watch out. Walther has a bad habit of not supporting their old pistols for very long. They seem to have the attitude that everyone should buy a new pistol (from them of course) every five years or ten years and throw out the old one.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

I'd talk to Larry at Larrysguns, He has a wealth of knowledge on the Hammerli pistols.He has spare parts etc. I second the advice on being wary with the electronic trigger, I bought the 150, and couldn't be happier.
Jim E

152 is SUPERB!

Post by Jim E »

Not one problem with the pistol including the electronics, Never have heard of a verfied issue with them - rumors only. Wouldn't hesitate for second to buy one. Larry's got parts if necessary. Francesco says the 152 was the last great FP Hammerli built.
Trident

need advise on Hammerli 152 elect.

Post by Trident »

This was no rumor, it happened and the 152 I had went down several times. One of those was at a collegiate match. I used one from 1992 - 1999 when I sold it. I wish I had gotten the 150 instead. It was still really heavy compared to the CM-80 Supercomp I have now. The 152 was really accurate when it was functioning. My feeling was that it was too bad that it was not reliable enough. Had it been more reliable I would not have gotten rid of it. There are just not that many free pistols to choose from.