Morini CM22M and dryfire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jer

Morini CM22M and dryfire

Post by jer »

How you dryfire CM22M? Do you use dryfire plug or can you dryfire without it? I am considering between MG-2 and CM22M and MG has dryfire-mode.
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Pardon me for interjecting an unsolicited opinion.---but if you are contemplating either of these guns---I would suggest you read some of the posts regarding either of these two guns. From my personal experience with the MG-2, and what I am reading here three+ years later---STAY AWAY FROM IT. As to the CM22---I would also be cautious---may I suggest as an alternative the Pardini SP series as much less prone to rather debilitating and frustrating times with the afformentioned.
Matvei

Post by Matvei »

Bob, if you experience about CM22 concentrates only to those written comments presented here in different fora I would stay in my own experiences. Having shot with CM22 with different ammo, I don't understand those overhelming complaints of its unreliability. My gun belongs to one of the first patches having S/N well under one hundred. It has munched 20000 + shots with minor flaws since 2002 when I bought it. I tried it with even PMC Rifle Match, ammo which has strong disrecommendations not to use anywhere else, but bolt action rifles, and my CM22 blowed two full magazines without a single malfunction.
The only thing I have changed in these four years is the Rink grip with more cavity for my palm.
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

No, I don't opinions on the CM22 based upon just what I read here. I had a "good" experience with one and I have regretted selling it especially for the MG-2---which was one of the (worst) first imported to the States by Don Nygord. Admittedly there are probably quite a few CM22's out there that are currently and have been fairly reliable for years, but there are quite a few "beasts" out there , as well, that have been frustrating, though not to the extent that the MG-2 has shown almost since day 1. I would imagine from what I have heard personally and seen on this and other sites, there are some owners who are totally satisfied and own a grand MG-2---with all of it's bells and whistles I thought it would be a life-time gun. Unfortunately the wicked engineering and required adjustments---that gun should not have been on the market for another five years---the same was said about the CM-22 and I took a chance on it and I was one of the lucky ones---because the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the old Target Talk forum was sad indeed. The MG-2 is too complex a machine and the CM22 had precision problems to say the least.
wolskyr

CM-22

Post by wolskyr »

I've been wrestling with a CM-22 for the last month or so preparing for my latest "big comeback". I have to say that I like everything about this pistol, but it is finicky. Not impossible, not unreliable, but very particular. It can certainly appear so (impossible, unreliable) until you get it figured out.

Having said all of that, I'm in the process of purchasing a Walther OSP as an indoor Bullseye gun, and I plan on purchasing the GSP conversion as a backup.

YMMV,

-- Rob W.
-- Poconos, PA
Keep It In The Middle

Post by Keep It In The Middle »

To dry fire the CM22 you do need to use the included factory plug or some other similar item that you may prefer to construct.

Let me go on record as an owner of a CM22 #00777, that I think that the pistol is fundamentally a fantastic piece of kit.

It definately has it's issues though... I've often described it to prospective buyers as a "diamond in the rough" but I'll stand by it's accuracy, balance & wonderful trigger assembly.

First & foremost you need to use reasonable quality ammo. Second, adjust the recoil spring tension to suit... taking into account not only the felt recoil but the requirement for the slide to cycle fully rearwards & firmly strike the extractor pin...Failure to achieve this will result in a frequently occurring malfunction where the fired empty case will simply rechamber.

Keep the thing lubricated. If you let it get a bit dry, creating extra drag on the slide then the above malfunction can occur even with a well adjusted spring setting.

Thirdly, find yourself someone you trust to do a polish job on the upper feed ramp and lastly get the same individual to SLIGHTLY and EVENLY bevel the chamber mouth.

Another thing to be acutely aware of is the loading of the magazine...

Preferably I load each mag with it laying on an angle both rearwards & to the left so that the loaded rounds are predominately laying either left or straight when viewed from above. Also you need to be aware that the 3rd or 4th round occasionally winds up with it's nose low which will result in a jam.

As far as the accuracy goes, well... try one & find out for yourself if you can :)

These insights have resulted in a pistol that has reliability that has been on a par with every other standard pistol I have owned & that list includes Unique's, Hammerli's & Walther's.

Whether or not you consider these issues to be a worthwhile trade off for the performance is up to the individual...

All the best to you in your search :)

Cheers... KIITM
Harror Dei

Dont want no CM22, dont want no MG2..

Post by Harror Dei »

Keep It In The Middle wrote: ...the CM22 pistol is fundamentally a fantastic piece of kit. (?)

...It definitely has it's issues though... (!) Comment: Definitely is the word..

... this will result in a frequently occurring malfunction where the fired empty case will simply rechamber. (!)

.. extra drag on the slide then the above malfunction can occur even with a well adjusted spring setting. (!)

.. find yourself someone you trust to do a polish job on the upper feed ramp and lastly get the same individual to SLIGHTLY and EVENLY bevel the chamber mouth. (!!)

Another thing to be acutely aware of is the loading of the magazine... (!)

Preferably I load each mag with it laying on an angle both rearwards & to the left so that the loaded rounds are predominately laying either left or straight when viewed from above. Also you need to be aware that the 3rd or 4th round occasionally winds up with it's nose low which will result in a jam. (!!)

As far as the accuracy goes, well... try one & find out for yourself if you can :) (!!)

These insights have resulted in a pistol that has reliability that has been on a par with every other standard pistol (!?)
No, the CM22 is fundamentally a fantastic piece shit, not "kit"....

Rechambering of fired cases- yeah, think I know that one (!)
Hammer is recocked, you aligne the sights again and squeeze of another bullseye...but "click" ! There is no way to know the gun rechambered the fired case, cause the hammer is recocked, and there is no signs of a "jam". Very disencouraging.

Well, according to your coverage of the "issues" of the CM22, "keep it in the midle" I will conclude in agreement with Bob: stay away from the CM22.

I owned one for some time, but I will never buy one again.

Fellow shooters: please listen to my advice: do not but the CM22, there are more reliable alternatives available.