Suitable gun for SP AND RF

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JH

KSP200

Post by JH »

The KSP200 is the Izh35, and seems very suitable for rapidfire.
The current russian rapidfire record is held with one.
jer

MG-2, CM22M and IZH-35 left

Post by jer »

Search for getting a gun for both SP and Rapid fire has come to choosing from MG-2, CM22M and IZH-35 left. Walther SSP would be nice but its way too expensive. Please tell your experiences of these guns using in Rapid fire.
rapid 2

gun

Post by rapid 2 »

What happened to the Pardini?

For Rapid fire it is still the superior pistol with a usage of >50% at world cup events. Should do well at standard pistol to, mine does!
But in the end it all boils down to your own preference. Get a hold of all of them and find the one created for you. The Pardini was created for rapid fire (and for me).

Cheers,

Bob
RobStubbs

Re: gun

Post by RobStubbs »

rapid 2 wrote:What happened to the Pardini?

For Rapid fire it is still the superior pistol with a usage of >50% at world cup events. Should do well at standard pistol to, mine does!
But in the end it all boils down to your own preference. Get a hold of all of them and find the one created for you. The Pardini was created for rapid fire (and for me).

Cheers,

Bob
Bob,
I would imagine it suffered the same fate as the Walther - i.e. outside his price range.

Rob.
Rapid 2

Prices

Post by Rapid 2 »

Hi Rob,
May be true, but the MG-2 rapid fire version is 1755 euro's in our part of the woods, with the CM22M at 1150 euro's. The Walther SSP is around 1350 euro's and the Pardini RF 1500 euro's. Not trying to sell you one (unfortunately you would not be able to take it home at this point in time) but they are not that far appart. If price is the issue one could find a nice second hand Pardini SP and hang a big weight below the barrel for Rapid Fire.
Cheers,
Bob
jer

Prices

Post by jer »

In Finland prices are little different:
IJ-35M 495e
CM22M 1215e
MG-2 1260e
MG-2 rapid 1640e
Walther SSP 1750e
Pardini RF 1500e
Benelli 1450e

I am really wondering price of SSP in Finland...
Harror Dei

Re: HIgh cost trouble..

Post by Harror Dei »

jer wrote:In Finland prices are little different:
IJ-35M 495e
CM22M 1215e
MG-2 1260e
MG-2 rapid 1640e
Walther SSP 1750e
Pardini RF 1500e
Benelli 1450e

I am really wondering price of SSP in Finland...
Your prices are running surprisingly high. I my country the MG2 details for about 1000 euros. A bargain, it seems. But buyers often get more than 1000 euros worth of trouble....

The SSP can be had here for about 1400 euros, whenever it becomes available..

[/code]
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Jer, there is a new IZH-35, equipped with Walther grip, for sale at Printec Hobby, Espoo. The price is 339 euros only. This combination is made by Frankonia, Germany.

I have one of those, and I'm satisfied. You just have to find an appropriate cartridge for IZH-35. Ask the dealer for this issue!
Clint

Post by Clint »

How could you consider the MG2 if the Walther SSP is way to expensive?
Here in Australia, the SSP is only $500 more than MG2
MG@ is $2400, SSP is $2900 (AUS $$)

I have purchased the SSP. Just awaiting paperwork to collect it.
I will have it within 2 weeks.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

And here in Oz you can buy the Baikal IZH-35m for less than $1000. Keith Anderson imports them and has sold out of his shipment in quick time. I believe he is trying to get another shipment later this year.
I have the IZZY and while it is still new (not yet put more than 1000 rounds through it) I am amazed by its lack of recoil for rapidfire and find it has improved my scores.
jh

Izh35

Post by jh »

I too have an Aus Izh35 and find it generally excellent.
Most likely I will buy another one or two, one for standard, one for rapid/spare, one for tinkering.

Making new grips has made a fair difference also, next step a reprofiled trigger.
Fred Mannis

Re: Izh35

Post by Fred Mannis »

jh wrote:......next step a reprofiled trigger.
What is a 'reprofiled' trigger?