Quality jacket trousers ? value for money?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

snapy050

Quality jacket trousers ? value for money?

Post by snapy050 »

Hi shooters,

I have planned to buy a new set of equipment (jacket +trousers+ shoes)

My budget is around 400 euros for jacket + trousers. Can somebody please help he to select a good make? Also I wanted to know if anybody is using the Standard quality Anschutz jacket trouser and how bad is it compared to the top quality ones?

Does any one use the korean make from marksman? well what would be the cost of it? Can you guys also name a few other good german makers of jacket and trousers? Might be going to germany in may.. so please help and try to answer all my questions.

Shoes i thought Sauer would be the best choice what do u guys say?

Thanks to all who reply in advance!

Rajesh.M
Indian National Shooter.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Thune, AHG Anschutz, Kustermann, Monard, Sauer.

Shoes really depend on your feet, I find the Sauer are built on a narrow last, so if you have wide feet they don't fit that great.
snapy050

Jacket trouser and shoes

Post by snapy050 »

Hi shooters,

My budget is around 400 euros for jacket + trousers. Can somebody please help he to select a good make? Also I wanted to know if anybody is using the Standard quality Anschutz jacket trouser and how bad is it compared to the top quality ones?

Does any one use the korean make from marksman? well what would be the cost of it? Can you guys also name a few other good german makers of jacket and trousers? Might be going to germany in may.. so please help and try to answer all my questions.

Rajesh.M
Indian National Shooter.
snapy050

jacket trouser and shoes

Post by snapy050 »

Hi shooters,

Rajesh.M
Indian National Shooter.
cdf

Post by cdf »

Sauer makes a reasonably priced jacket , if it happens to fit your body type . They also make a very popular shooting sweater ( you need something between your underwear and that rather abrasive canvas ) . They seem to be a pretty good bang for buck , tho not the most stylish . Judging by the by the jacket I own , the quality isn.t too bad .

Chris

PS: I pitty you , having to wear that gear in India ; for your sake I pray your ranges are air conditioned .

SAUER

Post by Guest »

rajesh,

I bought recently a shotting jacket from Sauer (470€ ±)... very nice jacket, confortable... SAUER have less expensive jackets. I thought in buying a 470€ ± shooting jacket... I had one SUER Standard shooting jacket and when I used the 470€, well as we say here in Portugal "passei de burro para cavalo".

If you go to Germany I suggest that you buy a shooting jacket measured to your body... I think that in few days you can get one made...

Tiago Falcão
snapy050

How good is this?

Post by snapy050 »

Hi everybody!

Here is the pic of jacket model no. 174 of anschutz.. their new color combination being blue, black, white. Its price is around 200 euros. have a look at it and tell me what do you feel? is it worth?
Or is there another brand which is good and reliable for the same cost?
Actually I was planning to buy a pair of trousers also.. So what do you guys think?

By the way this is a double canvas jacket.

179 views to this post and only 2 replies.. So there are some big lazy bums here! No wonder you shooting has not progressed! In order to be successful in shoting, you got to be passionate about it in the first place! But some guys out here are just looking at their own benifit! If I am a little strong saying all this, I AM BY THE WAY!
Attachments
Anschutz mod 174 economy jackets
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I count three replies. Insulting everyone on the board is probably not a good way to solicit help either.

Did you do a search regarding jackets and go through the hundreds of posts that have previously been discussed regarding what are "the best jacket". You'll find limited amount of replies for the whats the best questions, because most of them have been talked about again and again.
Rajesh PD

No insults please

Post by Rajesh PD »

I agree with Richard H. Insulting fellow shooters will not get any positive responses.
Also, this topic has been covered many times, so please use your head and do the relevant searches.

If you really are an 'Indian National Shooter' (bragging doesn't help either), surely your 'Indian National Shooting' director/coach/fellow shooters will have greatly more knowledge of what is used on the international circuit.

Judging by your previous posts, they also seem to be quite rude. So no matter what kit you use, your temperament will likely not help your scores.
Respect other shooters; no-one owes you anything.
snapy050

Re: No insults please

Post by snapy050 »

Rajesh PD wrote:I agree with Richard H. Insulting fellow shooters will not get any positive responses.
Also, this topic has been covered many times, so please use your head and do the relevant searches.

If you really are an 'Indian National Shooter' (bragging doesn't help either), surely your 'Indian National Shooting' director/coach/fellow shooters will have greatly more knowledge of what is used on the international circuit.

Judging by your previous posts, they also seem to be quite rude. So no matter what kit you use, your temperament will likely not help your scores.
Respect other shooters; no-one owes you anything.
Mr. Butcher! I mean Mr. PD or what ever.. You are no different! my intensions are not to insult any one! it was just to awaken people like you who just are looking at personal benifit! Dont wanna start a cock and bull fight here.. and for that matter.. Indian National Shooter means I have participated in the National championships! Also you dumb do do's have no rights to say a word about the team/ coach/ directors.. as the world knows what they are.. If you are dreaming, please look into the M2006 website you will know about them better. Hope you know what m2006 is!
Outdated junk is what you carry in your head if you have one! The new models of jackets and trousers have come out and these searches dont help! look into the anschutz website for model 174 the model is old in the catalogue also. I have posted here the newest model 174 with the newest color combinations.. If you know a heq of what i am talking about, REPLY. or else just pass by like the 299 viewers have done!

By the way My temprament? Its agressive and I dont touch tens.. I kill Tens! I am fired up always and have this nature atleast not a lamb like temperament.. I belong to the classes and not the masses! Thats what I believe!

Nothing personal about anyone here.. Just want to say that get more involved in discussions and help one another to the fulliest. If you feel your seat is red hot now.. just pour some water! PEACE!
helpful

Post by helpful »

Assuming you're lucky and measure up to one of the clothing manufacturers "Average statur" charts you might find a combo that fits for 400 euros, but i doubt it. From the "basic" lines of all the well known makers of shooting clothing the quality is fairly uniform, so forget color and style and go for what fits the best. If you can't find anything that fits CORRECTLY (ask your coach he should know) save your money untill you can afford somthing that does.

By the way, for someone asking for help your attitude really is appalliing. If you conduct yourself in the same manner at your shooting club i'm surprised anyone wants to shoot with, or coach you.

peace, helpful.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

helpful wrote: for someone asking for help your attitude really is appalliing. If you conduct yourself in the same manner at your shooting club i'm surprised anyone wants to shoot with, or coach you.
+1

snapy050, you would do well to heed the advice you have received both privately and publicly.
Carl, Columbus

Harmony

Post by Carl, Columbus »

Hi also agree with above sentiments, there is no place for such an arrogant chap as Mr Snapy.
Surely everyone should blank him. His reply to Rajesh is extremely rude, and goes against all that is good in Target Shooting.
Surely he should take up Practical Rifle/Pistol, and vent a whole load of anger.
The route to great scores lies in meditation, visualization, meticulous pre-match planning, conditioning, and most importantly a gentle attitude.
Mr Snapy, change your style or get off this board, you make us all sick!
Carl
Richard H

Re: Harmony

Post by Richard H »

Carl, Columbus wrote:Hi also agree with above sentiments, there is no place for such an arrogant chap as Mr Snapy.
Surely everyone should blank him. His reply to Rajesh is extremely rude, and goes against all that is good in Target Shooting.
Surely he should take up Practical Rifle/Pistol, and vent a whole load of anger.
The route to great scores lies in meditation, visualization, meticulous pre-match planning, conditioning, and most importantly a gentle attitude.
Mr Snapy, change your style or get off this board, you make us all sick!
Carl
Not that I condon Mr. Snappy's comments, but who appointed you to speak for everyone. Please speak for yourself, I think the rest of us can speak for ourselves.
snapy

chain Reaction ? lol !

Post by snapy »

helpful wrote:Assuming you're lucky and measure up to one of the clothing manufacturers "Average statur" charts you might find a combo that fits for 400 euros, but i doubt it. From the "basic" lines of all the well known makers of shooting clothing the quality is fairly uniform, so forget color and style and go for what fits the best. If you can't find anything that fits CORRECTLY (ask your coach he should know) save your money untill you can afford somthing that does.

By the way, for someone asking for help your attitude really is appalliing. If you conduct yourself in the same manner at your shooting club i'm surprised anyone wants to shoot with, or coach you.

peace, helpful.
Just look at your comments guys! I might have started the fire.. but look at the number pouring fuel! Listen up guys.. I just dint like the way shooters pass by.. similarly you guys dint like me reacting on that.. so every one has his share of like and dislike.. for a matter of fact.. what temprament I have is also a part of what every humanbeing has.. I showed it up first then you guys followed.. and a lot more are yet to follow.. guess their processors run on celron 1 mhz ! lol !

Ok so lets move ahead.. The above quoted reply speaks good.. says save now and buy the best later.. So I have gone through sauer, anschutz and kustermann models.. The price is almost same.. The design is almost same too.. prefer to go for anschutz as the color combination looks good and so does the finish. productivty-wise I guess I have to wait and see when I wear it and shoot matches.. also planning to buy a shooting cap from mec- accessories also a part of ahg-anschutz. Cap is available in 2 colors.. red and blue.. i herd red is not to be used as it strains the eyes.. dont know how far thats true.. comment on this please..
joydeepk

Post by joydeepk »

Hi Snappy,
I would suggest u to keep ur calm and go ahead with your point. it is rather an embarrassing feeling for a visitor to look apon some of the posts like this.u have to remember that we r a whole bunch of people on this earth who use weapon for a noble purpose ie Sports. i hope u keep the spirit of the sport alive as well as uphold the honor of the representations from your nation (M2006) etc. the real essence of shooting is really being humble with the burden of tremendous self esteem.
coming to your query- u can also check out some of the stuff that r made in your country,i know a man ,designing shooting jackets and trousers at par to global brands. and altering the stuff to your fit is much easier when u can meet the maker too often. its not the brand,but the best comfort and support the serves the cause.
good luck and cheers............................joydeepk
snapy050

Thanx 4 ur advice

Post by snapy050 »

joydeepk wrote:Hi Snappy,
I would suggest u to keep ur calm and go ahead with your point. it is rather an embarrassing feeling for a visitor to look apon some of the posts like this.u have to remember that we r a whole bunch of people on this earth who use weapon for a noble purpose ie Sports. i hope u keep the spirit of the sport alive as well as uphold the honor of the representations from your nation (M2006) etc. the real essence of shooting is really being humble with the burden of tremendous self esteem.
coming to your query- u can also check out some of the stuff that r made in your country,i know a man ,designing shooting jackets and trousers at par to global brands. and altering the stuff to your fit is much easier when u can meet the maker too often. its not the brand,but the best comfort and support the serves the cause.
good luck and cheers............................joydeepk
Well thanks for your sincere suggestions.. Yes there are a wole bunch of people and each has his own right of opinions.. so I have mine.. I guess you should not read what I write if you dont like the way I take things (supermarket approach)... I know only 1 way thats straight forward.. I am not here to impress anyone.. This thread was only started to shed some light on my current challenges.. But some guys took it too personal.. Well I only gave what you guys asked for!
And a big thanks to you for a sensible saying "the real essence of shooting is really being humble with the burden of tremendous self esteem"
About the query's suggestion.. well I tried a few local makers.. 1st thing is that they dont use any technology behind their clothing.. 2nd thing.. I had a bad experience with them stitching a bit more than ISSF rules.. I just wasted my bucks on them.. Its very true as you said that if we can meet the maker, Its very helpful.. But Iguess as for now.. They need to make their clothing with a good finish and start using leather..

Kind regards,
Rajesh

Indian National Shooter
joydeepk

Post by joydeepk »

Snappy,
you can try Nilesh in Mumbai. who said the local stuff isnt using leather. leather is used mostly in the support areas and rest is canvas. as for your bad experience- perhaps you are shooting in the NATIONAL LEVEL and you were not passed. well ,you should know in wakw of the new clothing rules there had been a considerable strictness in equipment control and believe me i have seen many International stalwarts not passed and eventually had to mutilate ttheir clothing to shoot in competitions. and boy i am talking about the 2006 ISSF World Cups!
regards............................................Joydeep [/b]

Re: How good is this?

Post by Guest »

snapy050 wrote:No wonder you shooting has not progressed!
*giggles*

- another national shooter.
snapy050

what do you use?

Post by snapy050 »

Thanks for your opinion joydeep..

I am curious to know what clothing do you wear? As I know you are mainly a prone shooter so are you specific about prone model and 3p model or air rifle model and things like that.. If you were to meet the maker and customise your clothing, what is it that you would like. If you can explain how exactly you guys at the national team choose your clothing, It would be more than useful.

As for nilesh, have a look at the gloves he makes, you will get to know the rest.. Not saying he is bad, but there are certainly better ones!

I might be a National Shooter yet but, the question is a proper selection of clothing that I can take to international level as its my target this year end.

Regards,
Rajesh.