LP 10 barrel weights

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
John Harvey

LP 10 barrel weights

Post by John Harvey »

I've just picked up my new LP 10 and Morini 162EI. Needless to say I'm pretty excited.
Unfortunately after less than 60 shots the Morini trigger decided to pack it in. A quick flashing red light which the manual describes as an "error". I'll have to send it back I guess.
The purpose of this post is to ask about the LP 10 barrel weights. Mine came with four of them. I understand where they go - just need some advice on how one knows whether they need to be used - and - if they did - where do you position them along the barrel? Does a particular position (eg: near the front sight - or far from the front sight) have a particular reasoning?
For all the LP 10 owners/users on the forum - are you using your barrel weights?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

As with pretty much all these things it's purely personal preference. I have all four on, near the business end. My rationale was to try and reduce muzzle flip and keep the barrell pointing down. I very much doubt they make any noticeable difference, other than to the balance. I suggest you experiement with them all on and off and see what it feels like to shoot and whether it's too nose heavy for you. If they make no difference then don't use them. If you adjust the grip then you may want to try them again or when you have shot more with it, try it again. I would however suggest you don't keep chopping and changing, stick with what you try for a few sessions (unless you obviously dislike the feel).

Rob.
Mike S-J

Post by Mike S-J »

Heres my tuppence worth:

I have all four on near the buisiness end as well. As Rob Says experimenting is the best thing. I put mine on pretty soon after I got my LP10. My old pistol was front heavy, but the center of gravity on the LP10 is around the trigger guard. I find this leads to the front end twitching around too much. All four barrel weights pretty much stops this for me. If you like the balance as it is - then leave it as it is.

Good shooting.
Richard H

Re: LP 10 barrel weights

Post by Richard H »

John Harvey wrote:I've just picked up my new LP 10 and Morini 162EI. Needless to say I'm pretty excited.
Unfortunately after less than 60 shots the Morini trigger decided to pack it in. A quick flashing red light which the manual describes as an "error". I'll have to send it back I guess.
The purpose of this post is to ask about the LP 10 barrel weights. Mine came with four of them. I understand where they go - just need some advice on how one knows whether they need to be used - and - if they did - where do you position them along the barrel? Does a particular position (eg: near the front sight - or far from the front sight) have a particular reasoning?
For all the LP 10 owners/users on the forum - are you using your barrel weights?
Have you tried changing the batteries?? Have you made any trigger adjustments?? A friend of mine had this happen to him at the Grand Prix and it turns out he had adjusted the over travel I beleive, once we put it back it worked fine.
John Harvey

LP 10 barrel weights.

Post by John Harvey »

I've joined the consensus - placed the weights at the business end - and noticed the difference. Having come from the IZH46M - my LP 10 over exadjurated the muzzle flip and the weights have counter acted that. [poor trigger technique - I know - working on that too !] Many thanks for the suggestion.
Richard H - bum, damn, blast !!!! - you're right. I've just sent my trigger electronic off back to the place I purchased it from [Australia - but I'm in Indonesia] and that's what I was doing - adjustments at the time. I'll be able to email them before it even arrives!!! Thanks.