ok so I got lucky...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PETE S

ok so I got lucky...

Post by PETE S »

Ok so I got Lucky this weekend and shot a few personal bests in AP and FP.

My friend Stan asked me what I am doing differently. My reply is not one thing but several things culminating in a better shot process. Now Steve might suggest that it is the electronic trigger in my AP and don’t worry Steve, Stan tried to rub that point in. But I still use my rusty, trusty old mechanical trigger in FP and had significant improvement.

The several things are include:

1. Concentrating on a shoot process and routine. I have tried to work on one routine, raising the pistol above the target, aligning the sights, reminding myself to precisely align the sights, slowly lowering the pistol into the aim zone and firing within a few seconds of reaching the aiming zoning.
2. Focus on the front sight, being very precise and making sure the sight is big and black. Anything else is unacceptable.
3. Squeezing the shot without disturbing the sights. I have an LP-5 that I training with periodically. Watching the sights carefully and knowing that there is no recoil with an AP, I know any movement is the result of the front sight within the rear sight is my wrist or fingers or shoulder.
4. A combination of dry-fire and other drills, and live fire.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Congratulations Pete!

(What's that saying about "old dogs" and "new tricks" eh?)

I must speak in my own defense here- I think by word count alone I have placed much more time and effort into the things you mention above (shot process, alignment, subconscious release) than the trivial issue of whether you prefer your gun to jump about at the moment of shot release!

And while we're on the subject of minor quibbles and irrelevant stuff, what was that you said about AP and recoil?

I'm sure you realize this- but you have earned one of them well deserved "Epiphany" things! Enjoy!

=8^)

Steve
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Don't you just love it when things come together. Not so much in AP but in FP, there are those days (many) when the shots look like a shotgun target, and there are those days when everything is in the black. I am elated (infrequently) when I call a ten and yep there it is. About that "rusty mechanical trigger" snide remark, tell him to drop back ten and punt---he's just jealous of the fact that he needs batteries and you don't.
David Levene

Re: ok so I got lucky...

Post by David Levene »

PETE S wrote:Ok so I got Lucky this weekend .......
....and the more effort you put into preparation the luckier you will get.

Congratulations.