USA Visit

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Alex L

USA Visit

Post by Alex L »

I am tentatively planning a trip to USA for next year, with my wife, who is also a shooter. We only shoot the ISSF events.

Are there any Pistol Clubs in Tulsa, Oklahoma? If so, do they welcome Australian visitors?

We will Not be carrying firearms with us - that is in the Too-Hard basket!!, but we would like to see a range, and meet some other shooters.
We are no longer International standard shooters, however we still compete regularly, here in Oz.

Thanks.
Alex L.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Alex:

How long will you be here for, and what amount of free time/travel time flexibility will you have? If not Tulsa, and if you can drive around a bit, there is Oklahoma City and other locations that are "known hotbeds of shooting activity" in the general area!

Steve Swartz
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

if you can squeeze phoenix into your itinieary, we'll show you all more shooting than you'll know what to do with!

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
Alex L

USA Visit

Post by Alex L »

Thank you, Steve and Bill for your replies.
We would be there for just a week, as my wife would be involved with the Lacemaking Convention held in Tulsa next August.

We would be visiting from Denver, where our daughter lives.

I visited a Club in Denver, when were there last year, and Paul F. took me out for the afternoon to meet members of his Club, and see the venue.

I just wondered if there would be somewhere of interest to me, while my wife is busy with her lacemaking.

Regards, Alex L. in Melbourne,Oz. where we are Always glad to welcome overseas visitors.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Alex, if you fancy some Commonwealth-style Fullbore, you ar ein luck. Red Castle Gun Club, just outside of Tulsa, has a great program.

I know, that's not what you asked about. But I just wanted to point it out just in case.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Alex:

Contact me offline at leslieswartz@charter.net and I can hook you up with some Oklahoma City shooters. They can give you info about their club and may know about stuff going on closer to Tulsa.

Steve Swartz
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Alex - do I understand that Denver is once again on your list of stops for next year??

If so, I'd be pleased to have you down to our club again as our guest while you are visiting with family.

F. Paul in Denver