RF Target Spacing

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ted Bell

RF Target Spacing

Post by Ted Bell »

Can someone point me to the ISSF rule that specifies the exact spacing between each of the five rapid fire targets? I've been pouring over them and just can't find it.

Thanks,
Ted
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Refering to section 8.20.9.1, page 431, "10 m Air Pistol Five Target Event," in the 2005 ISSF Rules and Regulations, the spacing is 300.0 mm.
Ted Bell

Post by Ted Bell »

Sorry- should have specified 25m rapid fire. I think it's 0.75 m, but I just can't find the reference for it.

Ted
Ted Bell

Post by Ted Bell »

Found it, kind of. It's listed in rule 6.3.17.13 of the Technical Rules (75cm). What makes it confusing is that the 6.3.17 series are the standards for turning target installations, although you'd think this information would be listed under the RF target requirements since the spacing is the same whether it's a turning or stationary set of targets. You'd think they'd have all of the target information for a particular discipline in one place, instead of having the target ring measurements in one place, the heighth in another, and the spacing in a third.

Thanks,
Ted
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Yeah, I was just about to post that citation myself. But you're right, they certainly buried it, didn't they!