USAS Classification

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nicole Hamilton

USAS Classification

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Anyone know where to find the table of scores corresponding to various classes on the USAS site? We've just started air pistol at my club. The last time I shot AP in a match was 4 years ago. I shot A last time but I think I was lucky then and, after so much time away from it, not expecting much. But last night, in our first 'record' match, I shot 89.3% (268/300) which I think lands me in A again. So I'm pretty happy and now I'm wondering, gee, what do I need for AA? :)
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Nicole,
Go to USAS General Technical Regulations 5.3.7 (for Air pistol)
AA.....92 and above
A.......88 to 91.99
B.......84 to 87.99
C.......78 to 83.99
D.......65 to 77.99
E........64.99 & below
USAS usually sends-out classifications once a year, however you may keep your on classification current based on the last three matches that you have shot to adjust your own classification up or down.
Sandy Santibanez
Nicole Hamilton

Okay, I found it. Don Williams sent me mail saying it was in the rules book. I'd looked in the pistol rules and not found it but turns out the classification tables for all events are collected in one place in the USA Shooting General Regulations, section 5. For AP, it's as follows:

AA 92 and above
A 88 to 91.99
B 84 to 87.99
C 78 to 83.99
D 65 to 77.99
E 64.99 and below

Okay, so I have a ways to go to make AA. Another 3 points is going to be tough. :)
Nicole Hamilton

We overlapped. You were posting as I was composing. But thank you, Sandy.