Sight Adjustment - IZH35

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DLindenbaum

Sight Adjustment - IZH35

Post by DLindenbaum »

Could someone tell me the distance change per click at 25 m/yds for the IZH35? Are elevation and windage the same? My manual only says that it is a gun and should be used safely. Thanks.

Dennis
Mike T.

Sight adjustment

Post by Mike T. »

The manual for my Walther KSP 200, which is the same gun as the IZH 35 (for all practical purposes) addresses only the windage : "1 notch = 7 mm on the target".
I assume that is at 25 metres because that is the official distance for ISSF Standard Pistol and Sport Pistol, for which this gun is primarily intended. I also assume that the elevation change is the same because the manual mentions nothing else :-)
Dilbertnomore

Post by Dilbertnomore »

The Walther KSP-200 website (http://www.kieftsoft.nl/ksp/index.php?o ... e&Itemid=1) is well worth a visit. Among so many other neat pages, you can download the KSP-200 user manual which contains stuff that the EAA manual doesn't, including the sight info you seek. You will need to look at the various language sections to fill in all the blanks as there seems to be a little inconsistency of content to overcome.
diopter

Post by diopter »

Thanks for the link
Only the English text does not mention that for windage, 1 click = 11mm, whereas 1 click=7mm for the elevation.
Mike T.

Sight adjustment

Post by Mike T. »

Umm, Diopter,
I think you got that backwards. On the page discussing sight adjustments in the other languages (other than English), I note:
windage: 1 click = 7 mm
elevation: 1 click = 11 mm
diopter

Post by diopter »

:)

Just goes to show that one shouldn't be distracted by doing your income tax return while posting on a forum, or is that being distracted by posting on a forum while being distracted doing your income tax?

( I paid how much? You want more!!!!!!!......@#$%^&*())
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

I am also appreciative of the Walther link and the information. It does not mention, though, whether the sight adjustment is for 25 m or 50 m distances. Since the gun is used primarily for 25 m events, I would assume that distance. However, 7 and 11 mm per click are pretty hefty movements for that range. Any ideas? Also, if you leave the sight adjustment set in between clicks, do you think that would be an option?

Dennis
Mike T.

Movement per click

Post by Mike T. »

Checking on the Potters Firearms site, in the compendium of information regarding target pistols, I see that movement of the POI at 25 m for one click of the sight varies from 15 mm (elevation for TOZ 49) to 5 mm (windage for GSP).
The GSP has 7 mm change in elevation for one click at 25 m.
The Hammerli 208 has 10 mm change (E or W) for one click at 25 m.
So the 7 mm and 11 mm for the KSP 200 are right in there with other fine target pistols.
As to leaving the sight set between clicks, I would fear that the vibration from recoil would cause the sight to move to one or the other detent and you would suffer an unexpected shift in the POI.
Mike T.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

The clicks on the IZH-35 are hardly discernable, not to my tired ears anyhow. However, the elevation change of 11mm per click is right. Fortunately The screw slots sits at a perfect 90 degrees to the barrel when the pistol is set at six o'clock hold and if I give it a 180 degree rotation (ie. the slot is still at 90 degrees.) it is at a low bull hold for rapid fire which I prefer because it enables me to see those white aiming bars on the target better.

As for half clicks!!! At 25m a half click in windage would be 3.5mm, less than the width of a .22 projectile. Let's be real about it - who in their right mind is so confident in their ability that they would work in half clicks. My rule is that if I can tell the sights are out, they must be at least three clicks out. I wouldn't notice one click, for two I might notice all my shots just to one side of the X -ring -( I wish ;-) but wouldn't move the sights.
JJ

Post by JJ »

I agree with ColinC,

Take an LP10 for example. 1.2 mm clicks.
Who would be able to judge that? Half pellet hole (2.25 mm) would be fine enough.
I think it has more to do with thread pitchs than giving the shooter fine adjustment!