Air cylinder care

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

jackh

Air cylinder care

Post by jackh »

I have a Hammerli 480 AP. Actually it is the "junior" model enhanced with an adjustable black plastic grip that fits real well. The original "junior" tank is marked 10.97. I assume this is a date. It does fit the time frame. A second tank I have is marked 09.96. It is a milk bottle shaped tank that Larry had converted to fit the "junior" frame.

If these are dates, we are getting on to 10 years. Is there anything I should do?

I fired the AP at 25 yds today on the conventional timed and rapid target. I held center and the point of impact was dead on. Usually I hold subsix at indoor 10 metre. There was some scattering of shots on the target. But a cluster of good shots was forming about the size of a silver dollar (38mm :)
This all was for enjoyment. But it did reinforce the notion of not worrying about score.
bruce

Air cylinder care

Post by bruce »

I recently asked the UK Steyr agent about the maintenance intervals for my LP10 cylinders. The current advice from Steyr, is that after 10 years the cylinders will need to be returned to the factory.
I can't be sure about Hammerli's position on maintenance, but would expect a similar response.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

About 2 weeks ago Scott covered this topic in the thread below. The response from him was through Rhonda as he was in China.

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=13042
Rhonda for SCOTT wrote:Scott is unable to answer as he is still in China and cannot access TT. He said that the German mfg have actually changed this from 5 years to 10 years.
It will probably just be cheaper to buy new cylinders. I'll probably just buy a new cyinder every 5 years or so, so that way after ten years both cylinders have been replaced and it's not such a big out lay of money at one time.
cdf

Post by cdf »

For better or worse , you are dealing with Umarex , as Hammerli has been sold , hopefully they will continue to support Hammerli product .

Match AP's shoot great at 20M , just for laughs I shot the standard pistol course of fire with my LP50 . I would say the LP50 has an unfair advantage over most standard pistols , as even I produced a pretty good score . As an added bonus , no alibis !

Sorry to hijack the thread .

Chris