Shooting sweater

Post by Guest »

Do I need to get a shooting sweater?
And if so why?

thank's
Brian
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It provides an extra layer between you and your exoskeleton. It helps dampen out your heart beat and I find it offers a little more padding in the elbows when shooting prone and its not as rough on your elbows as canvas. If it's cold it keeps you warm, and if its warm it makes you hot. It's also what all the fashionable shooters are wearing this season. It's also good for padding your scope in your gear bag.

Do you need one? I don't know but you might like to try one and decide for yourself if you need one.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

A cheap, slightly tight fitting sweatshirt ($10 at your local China Mart) will provide the same benefits and protect the coat from excess sweat absorption in the summer for a lot less money.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Jose Rossy wrote:A cheap, slightly tight fitting sweatshirt ($10 at your local China Mart) will provide the same benefits and protect the coat from excess sweat absorption in the summer for a lot less money.
I agree but you have to be careful, sometimes the seams in the cheap sweatshirts can be really iritating, where the sweaters aren't and the sweaters are about $50-$75 dollars and last years. The sweatres are also usually poly pro so they wick moisture away and even if you sweat you don't get soak and wet.
cdf

Post by cdf »

If you go the cheap sweatshirt route , rip the armpit seams open . Try and get the wife or girlfriend to finish the resulting hole .

Chris
ado

sweater

Post by ado »

Guys do they have a new rules for under shirt or sweaters
jonno

Post by jonno »

GET ONE !!!!
Good quality, hi-tec fabrics keep you warm in winter, cool AND dry( still sweat,but wicks it away) in summer. If you don't feel sure about spending the money for a shooting pulli, try a cheepo thermal ski/winter one to start with, and if you see/feel the benefits invest later in a purpose made garment. I shoot year round in the same Truttmann underwear/shooting jumper combo, temps range here from -10c winter to high 30's summer.

Richard H got it right with the comment about the seams, the plus point with purpose made clothing is that the seams and padding are all in the right place for shooting (less pain)

Jonno