Rohm Twinmaster Top & IZH46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
John H

Post by John H »

I've just purchased an IZH46M and a Rohm Twinmaster Top. I can't find mych info on the latter and would appreciate someone steering me to a review if there's one out there.
Very new to this sport - so a couple of questions.
I can't find any clear info on whether 10m air pistol competitions allow the competitior to use the multi shot magazine [in my case the twinmaster has an 8 pellet magazine] or does it have to be the single pellet magazine that also comes with the pistol?
I've also started this sport using the Gamo 10m air pistol targets, but from reading this forum on subjects such as target focus and "where to aim" - it appears that the true competition target is different in that it features black rings from the 6 onwards. The Gamo has 9 and 10 as white rings. What should I be using for training? Am I doing myself a diservice by using a target with a white bull when in competition I'm going to experience a target with a black bull?
I do have a question regarding the izzy. My manual doesn't refer to being able to dry fire - and states that the pistol should not be fired without a lead pellet. How do I dry fire this gun?
Great forum - I've gleaned some great information which has made my introduction into 10m AP very enjoyable and exciting.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The International 10m Air Pistol target, which will be used vitually all "precision" Air Pistol matches, has a black centre (which includes 7-10 rings) measuring 59.5mm +/-0.5mm diameter. Shooting on targets with a white centre will, IMHO, be bad news as you will get a totally different sight picture.

ISSF rule 8.4.3.1 is quite specific that the pistol may only be loaded with one pellet. This means that you can use a multi-shot magazine but you can only put one pellet in it at a time. If you have a single shot magazine then it makes sense, and will probably be much easier, to use it.

I hope this helps.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Further on the 46m: You can dry fire the gun by sliding the catch forward, raising the cocking arm all the way to vertical, then clicking it back down into position. However, it isn't really a true dry fire, as the weight and release are different from the real thing. It's debatable whether dry-firing with compression and without a pellet damages the pistol. For my money, I doubt it, other than normal wear.

For targets, go to glockfaq.com, they have the regulation targets in .pdf format.

H.
cdf

Post by cdf »

As one who has been where you are I have a small insight . I bought a Steyer LP50 on the assumption that I could shoot rapid , shoot the standard event , and plink with a lot of class . All assumptions proved true , however loading single rounds proved to be a PITA , so I ended up with an LP10 as well .

You will probably fare better using the Izzy for the standard event , and reserve the Rhom for use as a rapid fire / backup gun . Repeaters dont seem to have triggers as good as single shot AP's , due to their needing some "roll".

Rapid fire prescision AP's do carry a very high fun rating , so enjoy !

I found printing my own targets to be a losing proposition , what with the cost of paper and ink ( unless you can get large quantities of freebie photocopies ) . There is an additional problem , most paper stock doesnt tear cleanly at AP velocities .

Our host sells Edelman targets , on which it is possible to accurately score strings of up to 10 shots .

Chris
John Harvey

Rohm Twinmaster Top and IZH46M

Post by John Harvey »

Thanks for the feeback and info - most informative and helpful. One huge puzzle for me regarding targets. Remember - I've been using the Gamo 10m Targets - which on closer examination do not refer to 10m AP - Gamo call them "precision airgun " targets.
Thanks for the Glock site, where I down loaded and printed the "Olympic 10 meter Air Pistol Target - Full Size".
Now the confusion.
I visited the Edelman site for the official ISSF target - just to compare they are the same - and found not.
Could someone please post the EXACT size of the 10m AP target.
Edelman for example - say the overall diameter is 155.5mm - the glock target is 145.5mm.
Edelman say the bulls-eye diameter [which I don't understand the tecnology of that] is 59.5mm - the glock is 55.0mm if measuring the black rungs only is what 'bulls-eye means.
Edelman say the width of the rings 1 - 9 is 8mm each - the glock target is 7.55mm each.
I'd also like someone to tell me the color of the official ISSF target - it appears it is yellow??
Some clarification would be great - and then is there a site to go to to print a "real size" ISSF target.
Thanks.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The general target requirements are rule 6.3.1 and the specific 10m Air Pistol target is rule 6.3.2.6 of the ISSF General Technical Rules
Last edited by David Levene on Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Edelman targets are the real thing what they tell you is right not what you're getting off the glock sight. The targets are usually a little off white like a natural paper colour, not bleached stark white.

This dealer in Montreal sells targets that are cheaper than the Edlemans but of good quality http://www.targets.ca/. They are used at most matches other than the Grand Prix in Canada including our Provincials and Nationals (I think at least 2 years ago), so the quality is very good. They seem thinner and not as stiff as the Edelmans but they cut clean holes and don't tear.
cdf

Post by cdf »

The above mentioned Gent. is a lot like our host,and he happily ships to the US . You will find dealing with him a pleasant experience .

Chris

BTW , welcome to the madness !
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

John,
The best target software I have found is Target Express at http://www.mcw-tech.com/targetexpress. You can control diameter of the circles as well as thickness of the separation lines. That said, I don't believe it is worth the trouble and expense to print your own, unless you need to scale an official target to a nonstandard shooting distance e.g. AP at 6 meters.
Although a bit more expensive, the ISSF approved AP targets (like Edelmann) are far better than the NRA AP targets offered by U.S. companies like National Target.

Fred
John Harvey

Post by John Harvey »

Again...many thanks for the feedback.
This is a quality forum - fabulous information.
scout18

Post by scout18 »

Being the cheap SOB that I am, I buy good quality round nosed pellets and print 300 DPI targets on cheap paper and worry more about my grouping in practice than scoring. When you start getting 3 touchers in the 9 ring you can really start getting into your targets and keeping score. I use the round nose because they don't tear in a cheap paper target and I get a better idea of my group. Good luck and find what works for you. Great bunch here.
Thank you to our host.