A question about air cylinder filling and pressure

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

A question about air cylinder filling and pressure

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I was wondering what pressure you usually pump your pistol air cylinders to. To the maximum indicated on the cylinder? As a follow up I have another question.

I have an Axsor hand pump and after going up to about 100 psi, with each stroke the gauge needle barely moves forward (towards 150/200). By barely I mean barely. Also the backpressure increases significantly. Is it normal or maybe the pump is malfunctioning or maybe I am doing something wrong? I have checked, the sealing is tight so air isn't escaping in the process.

Best regards,

Sergio
Richard H

Re: A question about air cylinder filling and pressure

Post by Richard H »

Anonymous wrote:Hello,

I was wondering what pressure you usually pump your pistol air cylinders to. To the maximum indicated on the cylinder? As a follow up I have another question.

I have an Axsor hand pump and after going up to about 100 psi, with each stroke the gauge needle barely moves forward (towards 150/200). By barely I mean barely. Also the backpressure increases significantly. Is it normal or maybe the pump is malfunctioning or maybe I am doing something wrong? I have checked, the sealing is tight so air isn't escaping in the process.

Best regards,

Sergio
I too have an Axsor and yes it does get more difficult because you are compressing the air to 200 bar. I usually fill to the full mark (200 bar approx. 3000psi). I think it use to take about 120-150 strokes to fill a LP10 cylinder (usually use a scuba tank now and only top off when the tank gets low).

Post by Guest »

Thank you Richard, next time I fill it up, I'll check the number of strokes that is necessary.