Thad Scott Fine Guns

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

birdman

Thad Scott Fine Guns

Post by birdman »

Can anyone give me any feedback on Thad Scott Fine Guns? He seems to have by far the best selection of used Anschutz match rifles.

Thanks in advance.
res1b3uq

anschutz

Post by res1b3uq »

I have heard some good things about T. Scott. Not too much negative. You might also check with MT Guns. I bought one from Mac and was very pleased.

Used Anschutz

Post by Guest »

I can highly recommend Mac Tilton, I would try him first.
TWP

Post by TWP »

3rd vote for Mac Tilton. I bought my daughters gun from him.

Although Thadd Scott seems to have his following as well.
A.R. JAYNES

Post by A.R. JAYNES »

BOTH ARE GREAT PEOPLE TO BUY FROM ,HAVE BOUGHT FROM MAC IN THE PAST ,AND 3 RIFLES FROM THAD THIS YEAR
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

My experience with Mr Scott has been positive. I ordered a FWB 2000 from him and was dissatisfied with the condition. He offered a full refund or an exchange. I opted for this in exchange and have been very happy with it:
ScottNC

My experience

Post by ScottNC »

I bought an Anschutz from Thad Scott last summer and my experience was just OK. Took a long time to ship, then stock had been broken and fixed, but this was not in the description. Barrel had not been cleaned either after firing.

He did make good with discount for broken stock.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

These guys (Mac, Thad Scott, and John Appleton) import used target rifles. Our club has bought many from Mac and several from Thad Scott. None were cleaned after firing. If you care about that then buy a new one. Generally both Scott and Tilton they are stand up guys. Thad scott's prices are a little cheaper but his rifles seem a little older. Mac seems to know his products a little better.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

When dealing with Thad Scott, be very explicit in the questions you pose him regarding condition.
ScottNC

Clean barrel

Post by ScottNC »

pdeal wrote:These guys (Mac, Thad Scott, and John Appleton) import used target rifles. Our club has bought many from Mac and several from Thad Scott. None were cleaned after firing. If you care about that then buy a new one. Generally both Scott and Tilton they are stand up guys. Thad scott's prices are a little cheaper but his rifles seem a little older. Mac seems to know his products a little better.
But wouldn't you at least run a snake through the barrel if you were selling a gun? I would.
TWP

Re: Clean barrel

Post by TWP »

ScottNC wrote: But wouldn't you at least run a snake through the barrel if you were selling a gun? I would.
You may or may not.

I can't speak for Thad Scott, but he probably didn't see a need to clean it. I've seen a lot of used rifles in gun shops that had dirty bores.

As for Mac Tilton, the one rifle we bought from him was clean. He alsosaid he had inspected it with a bore scope before telling us the condition of the rifle.
babyboy141720

Post by babyboy141720 »

does any of these guys have a web site or anything??? i am interested in gettin ga new rifle and would like to look on some of their sites if they have them. if any one knows any sites i could look on could you let me know.
thanks
Rexx
birdman

Post by birdman »

try thadscott.com and mtguns.com
Frank Q

MT GUNS

Post by Frank Q »

I recently purchased two (2) rifles from Mac. Very satified with both, he has a great inspection time of 15 days none of the others I looked into had more than 3 days. I was looking for two left handed guns and found Mac great to deal with and he had what I needed...Addiditonally he provided great support during inspection phase.

Frank
rchernandez

Post by rchernandez »

Both Thad and Mac are very easy to talk guns with. Contacted Mac first but later found that Thad was just a 2-hour drive away. Ended buying my rifle from Thad Scott in Indianola, MS. Honest description on his website and great price. They both appear to shop for older target rifles in Europe and throughout Asia. Mac seems to have the newer stock of the two. I'd buy from either one anytime.