AP Targets for Free Pistol Reduced Distance

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TC Johnson

AP Targets for Free Pistol Reduced Distance

Post by TC Johnson »

I am in the process of acquiring my first free pistol, and have not picked up any FP targets as yet. Is it reasonable to use some of my 10M AP targets at 50ft until I get some B-11s and B-17s for 50M?

I would also consider some "printable" options if anyone has a suggested site.

For you PA TargetTalkers, are there any FP events scheduled in Eastern PA? I am in the Lehigh Valley.

Thanks in advance.

TC Johnson
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

TC - the 10m air pistol target isn't too far off being the right size for 50' free pistol. The scoring rings won't be exactly right, but who cares? Since you're just starting out in the game, what you should be concentrating on is your technique, not score, so scoring ring dimensions won't be of any real importance. Once you start being able to keep all the shots in the black you'll maybe want to see scoring rings, but until then a target without rings would be even better for you so you concentrate on shot process instead of scoring outcome.
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

I did the calculations a few years ago and determined that it was not worth the ink and paper to print my own. Buying targets cost about the same as me printing them and they are of much better quality.

Of course if you are printing at work, then the cost (to you) is nothing, but I decided that it was not worth the time. Targets are cheap. Airgun targets are particularly cheap.

Steve T
Fred Mannis

FP Matches

Post by Fred Mannis »

TC Johnson wrote: For you PA TargetTalkers, are there any FP events scheduled in Eastern PA? I am in the Lehigh Valley.
TC,
Del. State Pistol Club in Wilmington runs monthly FP 25 yd matches during the winter months. Our last match is scheduled for Sun, Apr 2 at 1:00pm. These are USAS matches. We had an almost full line this past Sunday, so send me an email if you want to come. (fred.mannis@comcast.net)

We are planning some 50yd matches at Twelfth Precinct in MD this Spring.

Hope you can make it.

Fred
pcomm

target software

Post by pcomm »

the printing software TargetExpress has an excellent target scaling function. I use it to scale ISSF 25m targets to our club's 25yd range...small but critical difference, in my opinion.

I posted elsewhere that I can't live without it, and this remains true!

Check it out: www.mcw-tech.com (and no, I don't have any affiliation with them !)