IZH-35M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ColinC

IZH-35M

Post by ColinC »

I just received my new IZH-35M and was pleasantly surprised to find it was not as rough as some have led me to believe. The grips are not bad either - nothing that a few minutes with my dremel won't fix. From some of the reports I have read on this site, I expected a really shoddy job which would need a fair bit of fine tuning and a good wash out to clean out the iron filings.

We don't need the fancy palm safety here in Oz so before receiving the pistol I had it pinned, along with a trigger fine tune. I am looking forward to putting it to the test next week.

Only disappointment is the manual. I would hate to field strip the gun and try to put it back using the instructions in the manual which came with it. Still I was able to download the manual which comes with the pistol in the US, and apart from having to wade through those obligatory safety warnings and information on safety features my IZH does not have, the strip down and put back instructions were fine.
TomF

Post by TomF »

No the gun is really not that bad. It just has a bead blast finish.

I guess you have different competition rules in OZ than we do here in the USA. NRA rules say you cannot disable any safety devices on the firearm.
James Hurr

Safeties

Post by James Hurr »

I don't remember anything in the ISSF rules about safeties.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

I don't think there is anything about safeties. Most ISSF guns don't have them. It must be something that US authorities require.

Regards my IZH-35M, it does not have a safety lever under the rear sights at the left either. (I refrained from saying thumb lever safety because you would have to have a severely deformed thumb to operate it). While the picture of the US version of the IZH shows such a safety, I just have a hole there where it would be.
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

You are 100% on that requirement from the US government regarding safeties. However mine has a grip saftey that I wired down and covered with a piece of velcro wool. I cannot remember how many rounds have gone through mine---but it still functions like new and has never caused a shooting malfunction as of yet. I cannot stand the soft metal the adjusting screws are made of and those damnable tiny slots for the screwdriver, as well as those constant loosening shroud screws ( even though replaced with hex head screws ).
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

ColinC
Are the shroud screws on the OZ version of the IZH 35M?
As we don't use them with Dot scopes in OZ, as the USA seems to do a lot, and we just use iron sights, there shoudn't be a problem if the shroud is not screwed down.
May all your shots be "10's"
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

The Walther KSP200 version of the IZH-35M does not have any screws or thumb safety. It also has a nice hole under the rear sight to let you clean
from the chamber end...
Ted Bell

Post by Ted Bell »

Dennis wrote:The Walther KSP200 version of the IZH-35M does not have any screws or thumb safety. It also has a nice hole under the rear sight to let you clean
from the chamber end...
Dennis- Careful! You're holding the gun backwards! That's the front sight that you have closest to you, and that's not a cleaning hole....

Sorry- I just couldn't resist... I hope I made at least one person chuckle.
-Ted
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Xtreme
There are no shroud screws on the version for Australia.
The bottom half of the shroud comes off with the push of a large button on the front underside of the barrel.
You have to take the grips off to remove the top shroud and it just slides off. It's a bit of trial and error because the instructions are not flash.
As for the sights adjustments, the book tells you nothing except the screw on the top is for elevation and the windage screw is on the right hand side. Fortunately, there are arrows indicating U for up and R for right, instead of some Russia letters.
Cheers Colin