thakeover Hammerli

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

gunnery

thakeover Hammerli

Post by gunnery »

The Walther/umarex group has thaken over Hammerli ......
__trinity__

Re: thakeover Hammerli

Post by __trinity__ »

gunnery wrote:The Walther/umarex group has thaken over Hammerli ......
Can anyone confirm this??
Neil Foster

Hammerli

Post by Neil Foster »

It happened about two weeks prior to the Shot Show.................
Neil
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

From www.visier.de
15. Februar 2006

Die UMAREX / WALTHER-Gruppe übernimmt HÄMMERLI

Die Lüke & Ortmeier Gruppe hat zum 3. Februar 2006 ihre Marken- und Nutzungsrechte am Schweizer Sportwaffenhersteller Hämmerli an die UMAREX-Gruppe veräußert. Produktion, Vertrieb sowie Service werden nun von der Carl Walther GmbH in Ulm wahrgenommen.

Dazu Wulf Heinz Pflaumer, Geschäftführender Gesellschafter der UMAREX Gruppe: "Mit dieser Transaktion werden wir unsere führende Marktposition im europäischen Sportwaffengeschäft weiter ausbauen. Mit dem Know-how unserer Unternehmensgruppe sichern wir zudem langfristig das Überleben der Traditionsmarke Hämmerli. Auch für die Unternehmensbereiche UMAREX-Sportwaffen und die CARL WALTHER GMBH ergeben sich dadurch zusätzliche Synergieeffekte im Bereich Entwicklung, Produktion und Vertrieb. Die Hämmerli Sportschützen in aller Welt profitieren durch den gemeinsamen Schützen- und Reparaturservice sogar in erhöhtem Maße von der neuen Partnerschaft. Wie das Beispiel der CARL WALTHER GMBH zeigt, sind wir durch unser langfristiges Engagement und ein hohes Maß an Investitionen in der Lage, solche Firmen erfolgreich am Markt zu platzieren.".

Dem Fachhandel werden die Hämmerli-Produkte erstmals auf der IWA in Nürnberg am Walther-Messestand präsentiert. Der Vertrieb in Deutschland erfolgt über den Waffenfachhandel. Im Ausland werden die bisherigen Importeure auch weiterhin den Verkauf und Service betreiben. Selbstverständlich ist auch der Ersatzteil- und Reparaturservice für die bisher in der Schweiz produzierten Modelle weiterhin gesichert.
Misny

Post by Misny »

gunnery,

I was worried about the takeover, but now that I have the whole story in German I can relax. Muchismas gracias.
Lane

Hammerli translation.

Post by Lane »

The Lüke and Ortmeier group has disposed to the 3rd February, 2006 of her brand rights and of rights of use the Swiss sports weapons manufacturer Hämmerli to the UMAREX group. Now production, distribution as well as service are perceived by the Carl Walther GmbH in Ulm.

In addition Wulf Heinz Pflaumer, commercial-leading companion of the group UMAREX: " With this transaction we will further develop our leading market position in the European sports weapons business. Besides, with the know-how of our enterprise group we protect in the long term the survival of the traditional brand Hämmerli. Also for the enterprise areas sports weapons UMAREX and the CARL WALTHER GMBH additional synergy effects thereby arise in the area of Development, production and distribution. The Hämmerli sports shooters all over the world profit by the common shooter and repair service even in raised litre of beer from the new partnership. As the example of the CARL WALTHER GMBH points, we are by our long-term engagement
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

Well, that certainly helps clear things up for me!?

Dennis Lindenbaum
Mike McDaniel

Post by Mike McDaniel »

Actually, this has several interesting possible repercussions.

First, let's look at the product lines. Walther and Hammerli both have APs, but not the most popular. Both have convertible SP/CF guns. Only Hammerli has a FP. Hammerli also has the Trailside.

There's a lot of overlap. I could see Walther deep-sixing the SP-20 in favor of the SSP. Or they could conclude that the market for a convertible pistol is still there and keep the SP-20. Or keep the GSP - maybe by having Hammerli make a better trigger for it. I would keep the Trailside if I could as a mid-grade pistol.

Umarex could decide to make Walther purely a service/military pistol line, and market all target pistols under the Hammerli name. Or decide that Hammerli will be a FP operation - or even a rifle outfit only.

It's going to get interesting......