Left hand rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jonathan

Left hand rifle

Post by Jonathan »

Hi all-

I have always been right handed and right eye dominant. But due to an eye injury (detached retina) I have had to switch to shooting left eye, left handed.

Are any of the International rifles more suited to Left hand shooting. I'm most interested in the P700 aluminum. Does anyone here shoot one left handed?

Any info or advice appreciated.

-Jonathan

Post by Guest »

All the left-handed shooters I know say that FWB left-handed rifles are good because they are truely left-handed. However I do know of one right-handed lady who developed a detached retina in her right eye, who is now shooting successfully right-handed with her sights moved over to her left eye.
dhiru

Dont have to conver to a Left hand shooter

Post by dhiru »

Hey Jonathan,

What I suggest is, instead of becoming a left handed shooter, you could shoot like a right handed shooter and use a special sight which is used for right handed shooters and left eye dominant. You could refer to the Gehmann site (Article Number 597) its called adaptor cradles.....

That way it wont take a lot of time getting used to the new sight, but if you have to completly convert into a lefty you will have to start off from the scratch.....

Hope this helps......

Thanks

Dhiru

Post by Guest »

Thank You very much, I was unaware of that item.

I take that it is legal for international competition?

Thanks,
Jonathan
Lera Kamerat

Post by Lera Kamerat »

I shoot left hended.
If you are looking to switch to left hended rifle try to get Daisy888 or Somting like thet.
Daisy 88 is both left and right Handede ans same with Eye dominance.
Lera