Mechanical vs. Electronic

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
AJOO8

Mechanical vs. Electronic

Post by AJOO8 »

What's the difference in the two besides the one runs off a battery and the other doesn't? What are the pros and cons of each?
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Morini Electronic:
- Constant force profile first stage, with a definite step to constant force profile, second stage. No dropoff of force at instant of sear release.
- More consistent mechanical system lock time.

Steyr etc. Mechanical:
- Relatively constant force profile first stage; "hump" to second stage to overcome sear engagement, "creep" to move sear to disengage point, immediate dropoff in force profile at moment of shot release.
- Mechanical system variance from sear disengagement to activation trigger provides variance in lock time vs. pressure curve.

The above observations are testable, verifiable facts. As to opinion, the key is you can shoot a ton of tens with both systems . . . and the feel and proc3ess required to shoot well with either system is noticeably different. Some top shooters prefer the "feel" of mechanical systems; others prefer "feel" of electronic. Bottom line- shoot teh system that makes you feel good about your equipment.

Steve Swartz
AJOO8

Post by AJOO8 »

TY Steve.
How long does the battery last?
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

I've had my Morini a couple of years. shooting a match a week plus practice dry firing and the two AAA batteries are still going strong. I purchased a pair of back-up batteries when I got the pistol and they have been part of my kit since.
I think I saw somewhere that batteries are good for 10,000 clicks. If that's the case I should be due to run out any day.
I just hope the back-up batteries have maintained their charge ;-}

Post by Guest »

The only con of the marvelous Morini electronic trigger is that its not attached to the LP10 !!!
Walt G

Pardini triggers

Post by Walt G »

How would folks compare the triggers on the Pardini SP New (mechanical) vs. the Pardini SP 1 (electrical)?