Attention Mass Shooters

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg Derr

Attention Mass Shooters

Post by Greg Derr »

Jim Wallace of GOAL has informed me that H 4552 has passed the house on a voice vote- This bill "an act to preserve target shooting" Is intended to allow the sale ot tagte guns in Mass which may not pass the drop test. It moves to the Senate now. We need all Mass shooters to call their local senator to express a yes vote on the bill H4552- Call now if you can. Jim Wallace and GOAL have been working very hard for us. They ned your help. Greg Derr
Walter

Post by Walter »

Thank you, Mr. Derr.

Here is a link to find out who your legislators are in Massachusetts, in case anyone needs it.

http://www.wheredoivotema.com/bal/myelectioninfo.php

And a thanks to Jim Wallace.

Post by Guest »

Gotta love the subject line of this post
dam8

Post by dam8 »

Praise the Lord ! ANY positive publicity is huge! Thanks so much Mr.Wallace and everyone else involved for your continuous efforts. My hats off to you
Dave
deleted1

Drop Tests

Post by deleted1 »

Did you ever wonder who supplies the test gun for a drop test??? I think California is another state that requires this test----it's certainly laughable, but unfortunately quite real. Can you imagine someone watching a Morini Free pistol being droppped from 10'???? It's almost as unimanageable as putting serial numbers on .22lr rounds, which is what Chuckie Shumer (my State Sen. along with Billary) would like to do.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

thought I'd post what I wrote to my senators
I'm an informal shooter,but a lover of the shooting sports.I think target shooting is safe and a fun dicipline especially when gun safety and respect are tought.
Firearms ignorance, fear and nievity is a big source of kids getting hurt. Time to teach kids there is more to guns than what they see on tv cop shows.
respectfully David miles
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Done.

Post by Guest »

Did my part. Man it would be nice to be able to enjoy those same target pistol choices as the rest of the country. Mass will never produce another Olympic hopefull with these restrictions.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Bob Riegl,

Read the article that I wrote for the USA Shooting News, January / February 2004.

It is really important to get an update provision so that it is not necessary to go through the entire legislative process to add a new pistol. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Sandy Santibanez
danholmes

Post by danholmes »

Sorry this is a bit un-related but it seems that there is some MA folks here that might be able to help.

I have a Class A LTC and will be moving from Worcester, MA to Holliston, MA. I have the LTC form that I need to fill out within 30 days. My LTC doesn't need to be renewed until 2008, but I'm a little worried I might have difficulty renewing in a new town--since they didn't issue the LTC. I have no arrests or convictions that would disqualify me but I've heard strories of Police Cheifs not issusing Class As because they just don't want to. Is this a legitimate concern or should I not be concerned since I already have a Class A and meet the requirements of MA law?

Thanks for any help,
Dan

Post by Guest »

danholmes wrote:Sorry this is a bit un-related but it seems that there is some MA folks here that might be able to help.

I have a Class A LTC and will be moving from Worcester, MA to Holliston, MA. I have the LTC form that I need to fill out within 30 days. My LTC doesn't need to be renewed until 2008, but I'm a little worried I might have difficulty renewing in a new town--since they didn't issue the LTC. I have no arrests or convictions that would disqualify me but I've heard strories of Police Cheifs not issusing Class As because they just don't want to. Is this a legitimate concern or should I not be concerned since I already have a Class A and meet the requirements of MA law?

Thanks for any help,
Dan
Greetings from Bolton, Dan. It all depends on the Chief in Holliston, as you know. There's a thread over at the Northeast Shooters forum that's an inventory of the various Mass towns and whether they're good or bad regarding issuing Class A LTC-ALPs. I didn't see Holliston listed one way or the other, but if you ask your question over there I'm sure someone can tell you. Here's the link:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/ ... .php?t=160
danholmes

Post by danholmes »

Great, thanks. I'll head over there. BTW, we love Nashoba Valley Winery in Bolton. Great food, wine and beer....