rika sensing shots

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Chris

rika sensing shots

Post by Chris »

has anyone had any problems with free pistol on the Rika and having a shot not regester?

Most of my shots regester but every once in a while I have 2-4 shots in a row just not show up.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I've seen this with the Morini AP. Had to move the senor in just a little bit, even with the microphone set to the most sensitive. Check your mic setting, and/or try moving the senor in a bit.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

1) Check that sensor assembly (screws inside of mount bracket) are tight so transducer has good sensor-barrel contact (transmit "shock wave");

2) Make sure receiver unit is strapped tightly to barrel (same reason as above);

3) Increase mic sensitivity (lower number on control box);

4) Move receiver unit closer to trigger.

When 1-4 is achieved you will still miss the occasional shot- one thing I have discovered is that if the receiver unit unit is moving rapidly (don't ask!) the system will "lose lock" on where the muzzle is pointed. If hammer drops when tracking is not present, shot will not register.

Under these circumstances, the "honorable" thing to do is score your shot as a miss!

Steve Swartz
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Steve Swartz wrote:1) one thing I have discovered is that if the receiver unit unit is moving rapidly (don't ask!) the system will "lose lock" on where the muzzle is pointed. If hammer drops when tracking is not present, shot will not register.

Under these circumstances, the "honorable" thing to do is score your shot as a miss!

Steve Swartz
What were you practice running boar?
Chris

Post by Chris »

Every shot that has not been recorded was a 10.

I think I have an idea what I need to do. I just think it is interesting that even though I have been using the same set up for several years I am just now having problems. I have had my system for more than 5 years.

I have been using it on my Toz. The problem I have ran into is with the sensor I have I needed to create an adapter so I could strap it on to my Toz. I put a piece of wood and a piece of tubing around the barrel and then strap on the sensor and it then fits.

I will try to adjust the microphone setting and see if that helps.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Chris wrote: I have been using it on my Toz. The problem I have ran into is with the sensor I have I needed to create an adapter so I could strap it on to my Toz. I put a piece of wood and a piece of tubing around the barrel and then strap on the sensor and it then fits.
Yes, using the RIKA sensor with the Toz is a real pain. I use a V shape piece of aluminum extrusion against the barrrel, a 0.75" id plastic half cylinder (cut from a piece of vinyl pipe) over the aluminum, then strap the sensor on to that.
O barrel
v aluminum
U plastic half cylinder

I have not had any problems picking up the sear release. I find that the fore end interferes with the cable, and I have had to rotate the assembly about 45 deg. I have a spare foreend and have been thinking about cutting it back to allow room for the cable.

Anybody out there have ideas for a RIKA to Toz adaptor?

Fred

Post by Guest »

Someone I know occasionally had problems with shots not registering on her Scatt system. We eventually tracked it down to merely being a slow processor, and a small upgrade to the computer fixed the problem...